Talk

Advanced search

Shall I book it?

(11 Posts)
1legmummy Fri 21-Aug-09 18:22:19

We are due to holiday on Isle of Wight in October.

I have just added up how much it will cost and it is quite scarey (food, ferry, days out etc.)

I then phoned teletext and they have a 7 day all inclusive to Majorca including flights, transfer for £710.00 (night flight) £830.00 (day flight) staying at Club Mac Jupiter and Saturno Complex it has mixed reviews.

Shall I book it? Has anyone been here? I am borrowing the money to go so really want it to be ok. But seems silly to pay out for Isle of Wight when we can do an all inclusive

CrazyPregnant Fri 21-Aug-09 18:28:45

Book it- I am about to do the same thing! Have decided I want a last minute holiday with DH and 2 DC before DC 3 arrives and holidays get really expensive! I'm looking at October as well..the only thing I would check is the wether in Majorca in Oct (if you are bothered about that) I am looking at Canaries or Turkey as I think they are warmer than balearics in Oct.

1legmummy Fri 21-Aug-09 18:41:36

I think thats why its so cheap grin

its 30 degrees at mo
xx

1legmummy Fri 21-Aug-09 18:44:41

I think thats why its so cheap grin

its 30 degrees at mo
xx

1legmummy Fri 21-Aug-09 18:58:44

forgot to say it is for 2 x DC and me and DH x

herbietea Fri 21-Aug-09 19:04:47

Message withdrawn

roisin Fri 21-Aug-09 19:09:03

Personally I wouldn't borrow money for a holiday.

If you can't afford to go, why not save up for something next summer? Or do something way cheaper. It really puts everyone under stress for it to have to be a 'fantastic' holiday if you've put yourself in a tricky position for it.

1legmummy Fri 21-Aug-09 19:09:40

Would you recommend your resort? do they do all inclusive?
x

1legmummy Fri 21-Aug-09 19:31:29

We got conned out of £65,000.00 last January. My Son has lots of issues I am trying to deal with and he and my Husband are not getting on.

I sort of think now life is too short and if we are going to spend nearly as much anyway on IOW, we might as well go somewhere away from it all with everything included.

I have already started to write down everything I can sell and it is scarey!!

I am borrowing extra money from mum and at this rate does not look like I will have to.
xx

roisin Fri 21-Aug-09 20:07:13

So do you want to do an all-incl holiday? Big hotel, busy resort, etc?

It depends what sort of things you like doing.

herbietea Fri 21-Aug-09 20:44:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now