Talk

Advanced search

Another Disneyland question - the Explorers Hotel vs other options

(14 Posts)
MmeLindt Fri 21-Aug-09 08:46:25

We are thinking of going to Disneyland Paris next year (possibly in February, although we are a bit concerned that it might be too cold).

One thing that I cannot work out, are the tickets for the park included in the price of the hotel? Or just the Disney hotels?

paranoidmother Fri 21-Aug-09 16:51:45

If it is the Thomas Cook Explorers Hotel and you're buying a 2days/1night package then yes you'd have 2 days worth of park tickets included. It's an associated hotel so deals mainly with Disney stays and you can buy extra nights with no day link and then choose to go into the parks on which ever days you choose.

LadyMuck Fri 21-Aug-09 17:08:00

Only if you book a package (eg from the Disney site), not if you just book a room direct on the hotel website or expedia for example.

chichichien Fri 21-Aug-09 17:23:18

We went in February last year. It was very cold but we had warm coats and scarves and hats, the rain stayed off for us (which is the main thing) and we all loved it.

Little children might be more bothered by the cold.

50ftQueenie Fri 21-Aug-09 17:28:54

We went in January a few years ago (nearly four, wow that's flown!) DS was 2.5 and still had a fabulous time. We stayed at the Explorers Hotel and walked back one night. We booked through Disney so the tickets for Disneyland were included. We wore coats and it did rain but we really weren't bothered. It was also very quiet which was a bonus. If we go again we'll go in the winter the second time round too.

MmeLindt Fri 21-Aug-09 17:32:46

Ah, thanks all. That really helps.

The only other option we have is July/August which will be quite a bit more expensive I guess (the prices for next summer are not online yet). Not to mention much busier.

The DC will be 8yo and 5yo so not quite so cold sensitive.

chichichien Fri 21-Aug-09 17:36:29

oh, incredily mor e expensive. I'd have had to pay at least £500 more to go in April, never mind the height of summer.

MmeLindt Fri 21-Aug-09 20:31:54

Hmm, tending towards the Cheyenne now as it is cheaper than the Explorers.

Too much bloody choice.

Do prices come down at all? Is it best to book now or will there be offers on at some point?

chichichien Fri 21-Aug-09 23:33:21

Well, last Feb children under 11 were free. I think by Easter time it was children under 7. I think.

Are they offering free children under 11 just now for Feb?

If not, I'd wait. I booked in early Jan for mid Feb. The flights were running low but I did get what I wanted.

MmeLindt Sat 22-Aug-09 07:18:20

They are offering children under 12 and the Cheyenne has free extra day and night. That is probably the best bargain I am likely to get.

3 nights in February for chf 800. That is about £450.

MmeLindt Sat 22-Aug-09 07:19:23

We will be travelling by train I think, so not reliant on flights. If the train is too dear then we will just drive.

chichichien Sat 22-Aug-09 12:43:08

Book it and have fun!

paranoidmother Sat 22-Aug-09 22:29:02

oh have fun it's great we're off for Halloween this year and staying at Cheyenne. Have stayed there before and it's lovely. Only 10 minutes max walk to parks.

MmeLindt Wed 26-Aug-09 07:11:07

Thanks for all the help. Have booked the Cheyenne. Really looking forward to it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now