Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

getting a passport quickly

(17 Posts)
saadia Sat 28-May-05 09:42:35

Does anyone know if there's any way we could get a passport made very quickly for ds1, who is just over a year old. We have decided on the spur of the moment to go away for a few days next week (hopefully Paris) but don't have said passport.

franke Sat 28-May-05 09:44:59

here - look under urgent renewals

saadia Sat 28-May-05 09:55:43

That's brilliant, thanks franke. Had a look and as it's ds's first passport, we can't get it quickly enough so will go somewhere in the UK instead. Once again thanks for replying so quickly.

Pruni Sat 28-May-05 10:15:24

Message withdrawn

MarsLady Sat 28-May-05 10:18:24

It's worth applying for the passport using the PO service. We had ours turned around in less than 5 days. The only delay we've ever experienced was DD2's passport which was turned around quickly, but the courier didn't leave a card to say that he had attempted delivery. When I phoned I had the passport delivered the next day.

Hulababy Sat 28-May-05 10:18:27

I got my passport (renewal) either last month or month before. That came back within a week - I was amazed at how quick. Again, I didn't use any special service at all.

Ameriscot2005 Sat 28-May-05 10:22:25

I recommend filling in the forms online. I did that and the completed forms were delivered next morning (less than 12 hours after I did my bit). All they then needed was the signatures and photographs.

Because the data entry had already been done, the passports were delivered within the week.

saadia Sat 28-May-05 10:54:11

Wow, thanks all - it does sound amazingly efficient. The online idea is very good Ameriscot - think I will definitely do that.

morningpaper Sat 28-May-05 10:58:43

I went up to Newport and got it in 24 hours - PITA but I'd booked without checking my passport dates. The staff were very friendly and helpful (and surprisingly attractive).

saadia Sat 28-May-05 11:07:46

attractive eh morningpaper? the men or the women?

morningpaper Sat 28-May-05 11:08:47

well the chap that I saw was rather nice...

saadia Sat 28-May-05 11:13:26

Seeme like he had rather an effect on you - there might now be hordes of MNers heading to the Newport passport office! unfortunately it's a bit far for me to go (sigh)..

morningpaper Sat 28-May-05 11:39:34

Well I don't get out a great deal...

Got terribly excited last week when a man came to fix my roof... "Would you like coffee? A biscuit? Some witty conversation?" I had a shower and everything.

saadia Sun 29-May-05 10:20:10

lol at the shower morningpaper!

noddyholder Sun 29-May-05 10:35:57

You can go to northern ireland without a passport and its a great place for a break with kids xx

PiccadillyCircus Sun 29-May-05 10:40:16

I took DS's passport application form to the Post Office on a Tuesday, used their check and send thing (which costs about £7 more) and got his passport back the next Tuesday.

saadia Sun 29-May-05 11:31:59

Thanks guys, will certainly apply for ds's passport. We have now booked a hotel in the UK so hopefully next time will go abroad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now