Talk

Advanced search

Hen weekend in Milan this weekend, any suggestions?

(5 Posts)
WinomoreTheFruitbat Wed 19-Aug-09 18:32:45

It's my hen weekend and I'm sure the girls have lots planned but is there anything we can't miss? Good night clubs? bars? restaurants? Shops?
I also need a good but not expensive cake shop as it's one of the girls' 30th birthday while we're there

WinomoreTheFruitbat Thu 20-Aug-09 13:52:34

Has no one been to Milan? shock

minervaitalica Wed 26-Aug-09 10:14:16

Not an expert on Milan but:

- Shops around GAlleria Vittorio Emanuele II and the Cathedral (Duomo). Designer gear in via Montenapoleone o via della Spiga;
- Bars in the "Navigli" area of Milan. That seems to be the trendy area at the mo;
- If you are spending some time sightseeing I would actually recommend taking a train to the Como lakes... Milan has not got huge sightseeing opportunities
- Sorry, cannot recommend a bakery as have not been there for ages but most patisseries ("pasticcerie" in Italian) will have creamy nice birthdays cakes to buy there and then so I would not worry too much about that (unless you want a traditional fruit cake in which case you better take it from the UK!).

Sorry I cannot be of more help - this is all I know!

MrsEricBanaMT Wed 26-Aug-09 10:27:25

I would second the Navigli. I haven't been for 10 years though so I'm guessing the clubs I went to may be a bot out of date now but at the time there was Propaganda and we also used to frequent another one 'under the arches' which I have forgotten the name of sorry.

There is also an Irish bar called Pogue Mahones on Corso Lodi www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZEZ_en-GB&q=pogue+mahones+milan

And get some stand up pizza - 'Magic Pizza' might still be there near the Duomo - its Spizzico - fast food but delish!

Checkout the park on sunny afternoons.

MrsEricBanaMT Wed 26-Aug-09 10:30:09

Also a rock bar called Naked Thunder also on Corsa Lodi - it's a great place though, ran by Roberto, if you are into that sort of thing - no naked anything though! Stick to Pogue Mahones if not wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now