Talk

Advanced search

Bulgaria with a 7 month old- advise please!

(5 Posts)
milkysmum Tue 18-Aug-09 20:54:22

we're taking our then to be 7 month old DD to bulgaria is 4 weeks and need some advise, top travel tips etc. as I'm beginning to panic!! DD is FF so where do we stand on taking formula on the plane? Plus we are going All Inclusive so won't have any kitchen facility when we are there although we could take a travel kettle? Do I still need to sterlize after 6 months- oh god I'm thinking this is going to be a nightmare!!
Also we have just start baby led weaning (going well by the way) but will the food at an All Inclusive Hotel be ok to offer her i.e I have no idea how it has been prepared, salt contents etc. etc. Any advise on any of this very welcome!!

saggyhairyarse Tue 18-Aug-09 22:11:35

I would still sterilise, you can buy travel cold water sterilisers from Boots.

With regard to the weaning, it will be fine, there will be lots of choice. Breakfast will have cereals, fruit, yoghurt etc. Lunch and dinner there will be lots of salady bits, fruit etc. I personally wouldn't be too concerned about the salt content of most things but I would taste stuff before you offered it incase it tasted very salty.

You could take a few jars and organix type finger food offerings with you to fall back on. I do this every time and end up bringing it all home again!

MrsBadger Wed 19-Aug-09 11:05:43

yes the food will be fine if you use your brain - toast, pasta, cheese, bits of meat and fish, fruit and veg etc - it's not like she's eating much atm anyway.

As you are blw don't bother taking jars but I might take a packet of a known favourite (rice cakes, breadsticks etc, your call) in case of snack needs when the restaurant is closed

you can take as much formula powder as you like on the plane, but if you take made-up bottles for the flight you may be asked to taste them. Or you can buy readymixed cartons airside.

milkysmum Wed 19-Aug-09 21:52:08

Thanks for that i guess I'm just finding things to panic about but I'm sure everything will be fine so I'll try to relax about the whole thing!

saggyhairyarse Thu 20-Aug-09 09:09:08

It is just the unknown. You will have it all the time from weaning to holidays to potty training but when you actually do it, it is never as bad as what you imagined.

Enjoy your holiday, best to go when they are young as they stay in one place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now