Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where would you go in the USA with a 5 year old?

(14 Posts)
esor Tue 18-Aug-09 19:27:03

We have a family wedding in Miami next April. This will be a 3 day event and then.........? Where would you recommend? My DD would not be that interested in the theme parks and I am clueless as where else to go. This will be the first time across the pond and I really want to make the most of it, but I have not the slightest idea.

TheDailyMailHatesWomenAndLemon Tue 18-Aug-09 19:33:00

I would go to Boston and then potentially into the rest of New England, depending on how much time you had, but that's not exactly convenient from Miami. I know there is non-theme-park family stuff to do in Florida but am vague about the details.

TheDailyMailHatesWomenAndLemon Tue 18-Aug-09 19:34:42

Wath out at Miami airport, by the way... grin

esor Tue 18-Aug-09 20:01:57

Thanks grin

Hulababy Tue 18-Aug-09 20:15:28

We have dne Orlando and the parks 3 times with DD, first times she was 2y then 4y. But you say your DD doesn't like the parks so that is out. I wouldn't go to Orlando area unles I was doing the parks.

Down the bottom of Florida though there are beaches and nice resorts, etc. You could also do a cruise from there.

We went to New York for a week this May. Went with 7y DD and friend's 4y and 6y DDs. We all had a great time and it was very child friendly, with loads of stuff to see and do.

Depends on what you enjoy doing with your time on holiday really.

TheDailyMailHatesWomenAndLemon Tue 18-Aug-09 20:16:20

Some useful old threads here, here and here...

saggyhairyarse Tue 18-Aug-09 20:45:34

Circus Circus

KeepPassingTheOpenWindows Tue 18-Aug-09 20:55:10

We went to NY with dd when she was 3.5. It was great. Central Park, Museum of Natural History, Ellen's Stardust Diner, the Zoo, Central line Ferry etc etc etc. And ToysRus in Times Square. What's not to like!

esor Tue 18-Aug-09 22:16:15

Thanks for the tips will read the old threads and make a plan, would really like to make the most of the holiday.

thehairybabysmum Wed 19-Aug-09 11:11:28

We went to New York for a few days then a week in long island with 2 littlies and they loved it. NY was fab and so friendly to children.

hocuspontas Wed 19-Aug-09 11:20:14

I still think Orlando would be a good, brash, US experience. It doesn't have to be the archetypal theme park holiday. How about Sea-life, water parks, Gatorland, Space Centre type things?

MrsBadger Wed 19-Aug-09 11:22:21

oh and the Science Center in Orlando is fab

Epcot is surprisingly good too

mumoverseas Wed 19-Aug-09 18:24:36

what 5 year old isn't interested in Disney? shock My DD is only 2.9 and she loves it

EldonAve Wed 19-Aug-09 18:32:39

I would lie on the beach in Miami

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now