Talk

Advanced search

When do you pack? and how much for 2 weeks?

(8 Posts)
holdingittogether Mon 17-Aug-09 13:43:45

Just being nosy really. We fly out to spain a week today and I am am so excited, got family out there we go to see every year and just can't wait. I am so excited i want to start packing now but then everyone will have no summer stuff to wear this week. Going to get suitcases out and I guess could put in beach stuff a few other bits we are definatley not going to wear before then.

Also we are going for 2 weeks this year (normally only go for 1) Do I attempt to try and bring enough stuff for 2 weeks or do we travel light and I wash clothes out there? I am thinking no matter how much I bring I will end up having to wash things so might as well not bother and just do a few loads while we are there. Apartment has a washing machine. Having crazy ideas about washing everything on our last day to save that awful mountain of washing when we get home.....

Thoughts?...

poopscoop Mon 17-Aug-09 13:45:53

i would take the same stuff as you would for a week and wash whilst you are there. Am going next monday too, and got the cases out this morning just to start putting odds and sods in but will pack proper from fri as stuff comes through the wash I shall pack. Otherwise we won't have much to wear this week if it is hot.

maize Mon 17-Aug-09 13:47:44

I usually start to put stuff into the spare bedroom with a week to go, first the stuff I wouldn't wear at home (swimwear, beach towels, shorts) and then add stuff. Usually if I wash something I want to wear on holiday instead of putting it away I stick it in the spare room.

I would pack for a week and wash as you go, they are very tight on luggage allowances and it might be very heavy to pack for two weeks. I usually take enough underwear and nightwear for two weeks and then wash/rewear.

Have fun!

holdingittogether Mon 17-Aug-09 13:48:24

That's what I was thinking. It will be sods law that if I pack all the kids shorts and t shirts we will get a heat wave here!!!

holdingittogether Mon 17-Aug-09 13:56:05

Yes, ofcourse got luggage allowance to think of and only want to bring 2 big suitcases between the 5 of us if we can. Yes I think I will bring the minimum of stuff and wash things out there.

poopscoop Mon 17-Aug-09 14:04:48

yes, we are 2 check in suitcases for 5 too. Plus hand luggage couple of bags

sunnydelight Tue 18-Aug-09 05:36:14

Definitely travel light and wash there. If it's hot (which hopefully Spain will be this time of year) you don't need bulky stuff.

I generally pack for 5 of us the night before we leave (I have been known to start packing at 5am for an 8am departure but wouldn't recommend it grin).

thatsnotmybelly Tue 18-Aug-09 05:45:01

I'm going away for 2 weeks on Sunday. I shall think about packing on Saturday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now