Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

bit nervous about majorca .......

(6 Posts)
kizzie Mon 17-Aug-09 09:52:09

Was going to put this in AIBU - but know that I am grin so didnt bother.

Going to Puerto Pollensa in couple of weeks and just a bit nervous about the recent bombings.

As im prone to hysteria blush hmm did say to DH that maybe we shouldnt go and just lose the money.

Understandably DH didnt take much (any) notice.

But just wondered if anyone knows where the Guardia Civil is in PP - as this appears to be one potential target. Would rather know in advance where it is.

Thank you!!!! x

kizzie Mon 17-Aug-09 19:23:35

bump x (even if its just for people to tell me to get a grip and start packing!)

By the way is PP nice - never been but heard good things

x

madameDefarge Mon 17-Aug-09 20:25:11

don't worry about it. Get a map of PP and just steer clear of the Guarda Civil station. Any other bombs ETA plant are always flagged, and its meant to destabilise, not harm, others.

I was in Mallorca when the first bomb went off, and was a tiny bit shaken (having taken ds and dn to Aqualand in Magaluuf - a whole other thread of hell) just the day before.

But really, you know, living in london kind of inures you to bombs and bomb scares

have a fabulous time.

kizzie Tue 18-Aug-09 15:26:22

thank you x

lottysmum Tue 18-Aug-09 20:16:07

Hi

Well we are just back from two weeks in Majorca...went just after the first bombs went off and was their when the second bombs went off...although took a day for it to feed back to us because it's business has usual on the island and you would not know that anything had happened....although we were near Cala dor on the other side of the Island.

It seems that Majorca was being targetted because King Carlos of Spain was on his two week break at his Palace on the Island...this just happened to coincide with our two weeks too.....

Don't let it spoil your holiday....we didn;t!

kizzie Fri 21-Aug-09 17:53:15

Thanks Lottys mum - glad you had a lovely holiday smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now