Talk

Advanced search

My Mum has been called for an interview after her first application for a passport. Any ideas why this may be?

(4 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Sun 16-Aug-09 20:51:07

My mum has recently applied for her first ever passport (aged late 60s) but has been asked to attend an interview at the nearest pasport office.

She says they haven't told her to bring any ID and that the interview will last approx 30mins.

Any ideas what its about?

Is it purely to check that its her (ie. an OAP) applying and not some dodgy scam to obtain fake passports/ID?

If so how does she/how do they prove she is who she says he is IYSWIM?

Uriel Sun 16-Aug-09 20:53:25

Standard procedure now for a first ever application as an adult, iirc from reading the passport notes last time.

Surprised she doesn't have to take ID, though. hmm

NorbertDentressangle Sun 16-Aug-09 21:08:15

Standard procedure! wow, that surprises me. How on earth do they manage to interview everyone? Its not even as if the "local" passport office is very local.

I'll check that shes got the bit about ID correct though .

I feel a little more at ease now -I was worried that she was going to be interrogated about who she is/why shes never had a passport and whether or not she was part of some fake ID scam

Thanks Uriel.

kormachameleon Sun 16-Aug-09 21:09:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now