Talk

Advanced search

Buggy suitable to survive baggage handlers????

(6 Posts)
Hybrid Thu 13-Aug-09 21:25:54

Hi there,

We are going on our first family holiday to Spain in September and our LO will be 3 months old. We've got a quinny buzz which we don't want to take with us as it's a) too bulky and b) too expensive to get bumped about by handlers.

What would people suggest we take? We've got a baby bjorn but don't think that'll be practical for a whole week. I know ideally we'd take some kind of McClaren but I don't think there's anything suitable for babies less than 6 months.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 13-Aug-09 21:31:24

Anything that lies flat will be fine, there are some (of the more expnsive) Maclarans that would fit the bill. Just remember that small wheels are hopeless on sand!

You can get buggy bags that I would definitely recommend (from mothercare or kiddicare). Just get the check in person to put the tag on the bag handle and zip the buggy in before you hand it over at the bottom of the plane steps.

Our loola has survived loads of flights packed like this.

nappyaddict Fri 21-Aug-09 02:49:03

Get a cheap lightweight buggy - you'll need one eventually anyway.

Look at

M&P pulse

Britax Nexus

M&P Nipi

Kiwinyc Fri 21-Aug-09 14:16:48

We took our Micralite (has a travel bag) & carry cot to the west coast of the USA & Greece and it was fine. If you feel v. precious about your buggy though get a lightweight Maclaren, our Quest has been everywhere else.

MrsBadger Fri 21-Aug-09 14:23:27

we took a big 3wheeler abroad by putting the carrycot in one of our holdalls and packing it full of our clothes etc and just checking in the chassis separately.

I guess at 3m she is still in the Dreami as they don't recommend using the seat <6mo, so would this work for you?

EldonAve Fri 21-Aug-09 14:36:02

Maclaren Quest although we use a transport bag for ours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now