Talk

Advanced search

Ears popping..

(6 Posts)
lovemybabydoll Wed 12-Aug-09 12:48:46

Hello All,
I am going on a holiday, what a treat after the awful labour I had and the months off trying to heal!
We are going to Rhodes for a week with my liitle babe and was wondering about tips for the taking off and landing bits?
I am bf so that might help, right?
Any tips for our first time travel will be helpful please?
She will be 4 months old.
Thank you...x

MamaKaty Wed 12-Aug-09 13:08:10

Breastfeeding during landing and take off is the easiest way to avoid discomfort to dd - the sucking and swallowing action helps to avoid a build up of pressure. Just make sure she's hungry when you get on the plane!
Hope you enjoy your trip!!

janinlondon Wed 12-Aug-09 13:15:59

Are you travelling with another adult? You know that bit where they say "We now invite parents of young children to board"? Don't. Send other person to stow and sort all the paraphenalia on board, then at the very end, board yourself and the baby. Sitting on a plane for an extra half hour is the last thing you need, and if you are keeping her hungry for takeoff there's every chance she may be making a bit of noise...? Don't start breastfeeding till you are on the yellow stripes and the engines are revving. Otherwise she'll be finished before take off even starts. Ignore the other passengers. Have a wonderful and relaxing time.

lovemybabydoll Wed 12-Aug-09 21:54:50

Hi Guys,
Thank you so much - a lot of sense in what you wrote.
However what happens if the bf doesnt work?
Sorry but have to ask as my baby is not a predictable baby.
xoxo

janinlondon Thu 13-Aug-09 10:23:20

Breastfeeding never failed me, but you could try (whispers) a dummy?

lovemybabydoll Fri 14-Aug-09 12:40:22

Great - thanks....x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now