Talk

Advanced search

have cancelled holiday because of bereavement - help needed for autumn destination

(4 Posts)
eclipse Wed 12-Aug-09 09:18:38

I have had to cancel my family's holiday because of a sudden family bereavement. We have decided to go away in October because I don't want my dh and ds to have no holiday this year. My dh normally books all that stuff and I want to do it to give me something to do to keep going. I don't know where to start so I naturally thought of here.
I would really appreciate specific suggestions from people's experience. We have 2 weeks and my dh wants hot sun for tanning on the beach and good restaurants in the evening. My ds (4) needs sandcastle-sand and a calm sea because I want to teach him to swim. Ideally we'd like beachside restaurants so my ds can paddle while we linger over dinner. I just want to look forward to something. Budget is really just as much as we can afford so we'll stretch if we need to.
Many thanks.

Smurfgirl Wed 12-Aug-09 12:08:36

Egypt?
The Maldives (v.pricy but gorgeous beaches)
Canaries

All have nice weather in October.

eclipse Thu 13-Aug-09 13:12:57

Thanks, Smurfgirl. It looks like we're going for the Maldives - dh seems happy with that, although maybe hasn't spotted the cost yet. A very helpful suggestion.

Smurfgirl Thu 13-Aug-09 21:55:28

Oh fabulous. Where are you going in The Maldives?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now