Talk

Advanced search

Drinking water safe for 1 year old in Austria?

(6 Posts)
IlanaK Wed 25-May-05 21:11:03

I am off to Austria (ski resort, but for summer activities) next week. I have a baby who will be a few days off from being a year old. Can I just give him normal tap water, or does it have to be bottled water?

LIZS Wed 25-May-05 21:30:10

Should be fine but you could always take a travel kettle and boil it if you are concerned. We took ds aged 14 months and think he just drank the regular tap water or Evian.

Chuffed Thu 26-May-05 10:42:39

we thought the water in Salzburg was beautiful, taste it yourself if it tastes OK give it 24hrs for funny tummies and then if all OK give it to your bub.

geekgrrl Thu 26-May-05 11:02:47

of course you can give him normal tap water. austrian tap water is no different from UK tap water.

lapsedrunner Thu 26-May-05 13:13:30

I live in Austria an can confirm it has fantastic tap water, very clean and pure. You'll find it much nicer than your average UK glass of water! Hope you have a great holiday .

IlanaK Thu 26-May-05 15:01:02

Thanks everyone. I am sure it is much nicer than our central london tap water (which I don't give to him). I just wanted to be sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now