Talk

Advanced search

where in great britain would you most like to visit? or have enjoyed visiting the most?

(8 Posts)
juicychops Mon 10-Aug-09 14:46:56

next summer im going on a 3 week camping trip around GB with ds just sight seeing and visiting beautiful places

i have a few places in mind and one of them is snowdonia in wales which looks just stunning.

where have you been that you loved, or would love to go??

Fimbo Mon 10-Aug-09 14:51:21

I am just back after two weeks in Highland Perthshire. We were based around the Aberfeldy/Kenmore area. Scenery fantastic, weather fantastic and my dc had a ball more so than our two weeks abroad last year in Menorca. The air seemed so much cleaner up there too. It was fantastic. It was our first visit to our timeshare and I so glad we bought it and will be happy to go there for years and years to come.

OrmIrian Mon 10-Aug-09 14:53:46

Isle of Mull - anywhere on the west coast of Scotland.
Exmoor and West Somerset generally - we spent yesterday in the hills and it was beautiful.
Fowey estuary - Cornwall.

Lots of other places that I can't think of atm. I don't know the east side of the UK at all really so I would love to go there.

holidaydreaming Mon 10-Aug-09 21:54:10

Loved the west coast of Scotland. Driving in London is a bit of a stress but it was so enjoyable there.
Have great time.x

Overmydeadbody Mon 10-Aug-09 21:57:29

The Peak District, particularly Froggat and Stanage Edge.

The Cornish coastline.

Wales is only worth is if the weather is clear or you can't actually see the view.

llareggub Mon 10-Aug-09 21:59:46

The Gower. If camping, you could camp here for the best beach you'll ever see.

spongebrainmaternitypants Mon 10-Aug-09 22:02:35

Dovedale in The Peak District

The more remote parts of The Lake District - do not touch Windermere!

My all time favourite is the Yorkshire Dales - beautiful, beautiful place.

Have fun!

Portofino Mon 10-Aug-09 22:03:19

Snowdonia is gorgeous and I also love the Peak District. I've never been to Cornwall so that's on the list, as is the Cotswolds as my ancestors came from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now