Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ARGH countersignatures again!

(6 Posts)
JennyPenny22 Mon 10-Aug-09 14:08:25

Had a thread on here a couple of weeks ago where I couldn't find somebody to countersignature for our kids passports.

Well we ended up with an electrition. But they have come back saying they are not high up enough.

FFS! The only other person I can think of is our doctor but she has said £60!!!! FFS!

whomovedmychocolate Mon 10-Aug-09 16:27:55

A teacher can do it if you can find one. Otherwise it can be the local landlord of the pub (seriously).

BigGobMum Mon 10-Aug-09 16:44:35

Lol what made you think an electrician was 'qualified' to sign?!

nicm Mon 10-Aug-09 20:19:12

teachers, police officers, civil servants, etc can all do it.

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Mon 10-Aug-09 20:32:49

We've had ours signed by a nurse, and a management consultant colleague of DH's. Also priests and other religious ministers can do it, and I would imagine school governors, head teachers.
It is always a pain, especially if you've moved a few times, or, like me, not worked for a long time.

JennyPenny22 Mon 10-Aug-09 22:03:42

" Lol what made you think an electrician was 'qualified' to sign?! "

Well for a start, the man at the passport office said it was fine. The post office that did the "check and send" service also thought it was fine. He has also signed 2 passports himself. AND if he was a self employed Electrician then he would have been fine. And I think people on the other thread thought he would have been fine too but I haven't got time to check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now