Talk

Advanced search

Siblu evenings in France

(13 Posts)
rara67 Mon 10-Aug-09 11:56:41

...do peole dress up for the campsite entertainment? Never done this sort of holiday with the kids before, always done apartment/hotel in Greece/ Menorca where the evening was the highlight of the day!?(10-15 years ago). I feel that it may be different this year and valuable boot space should not be wasted on "going out" clothes. However, dont want to be the only one still in shorts with loads of yummy mummies in white trousers and jewellry!

epithet Mon 10-Aug-09 11:58:13

No, people didn't dress up in general at both the sites we've been to. Maybe slightly smarter and a couple went to town, but mainly casual clothes. (Some of the little girls had obviously insisted on wearing party dresses though.)

Leslaki Mon 10-Aug-09 22:46:08

take one smartish outfit with you if you want but most campsites are quite casual!

changenameruk Tue 11-Aug-09 10:32:40

which site are you going to? we love le lac de reves! casual clothes there mostly,maybe take a pair of smart trousers and a couple of nice tops or a light sun dress as evenings are still warm. we usually had a shower and changed into something clean and went up there for the evening entertainment. DD insisted on wearing a dress but only a sun dress (not a party dress). DS was happy in jeans and a T shirt

rara67 Tue 11-Aug-09 11:26:59

Thank you. Off to Le Bois Dormant in the Vendee. Will squeeze in the white trousers some how...

Leslaki Wed 12-Aug-09 15:01:02

I've been there - it's lovely!!!

rara67 Thu 13-Aug-09 10:54:17

Phew!I thought I'd made right choice (although I didnt shop around and it's cost £2000 so far with stop-overs, tolls, fuel etc) but always extra reassuring when a MN has been there. Have almost packed (the whole house it seems!) but any tips for packing/ travelling (stopping overnight in Rouen as we have not done this type of hols before). Also any recommendations when we get there? DS1 is 6 and DS2 12mths

Leslaki Thu 13-Aug-09 13:03:35

Oh we stooped in Rouen too when we went to St jean!Novotel Rouen Sud - it was lovely!!! Fab places to go when you're there are
amazing place but is a long day read this
this is fab

safari park
There's also a good sea life place in Noirmoutier.

Fab beaches at St jean - but the supermarkets aren't great. We always went to the big hypermarkets outside St Gilles Croix de Vie.

Take casual clothes - I always take an extra old towel for putting down as a shower mat otherwise it gets wet and slippy!

There are water parks etc around but your DS2 might not get the most out of it. Mine wwere small when we went to le grand parc (puy de fou) but they loved it - you will too!
Enjoy....

changenameruk Thu 13-Aug-09 13:36:57

unless you have ordered a welcome pack - take a toilet roll. Little pepper ad salt sachets from restuarants are good. bin bag. some staples that you're kids like in case they fancy something they know - (we took weetabix and spagetti hoops) adaptor plug if taking eletical stuff
not sure if you are using kids clubs for ds but if you are get down early on first morning to register him - always a long queue.

the siblu kids clubs are fab. usually at least one english rep. my ds made some good friends there and then had someone toplay with in the pool later.
books/comics/ small toy - we used to go back to the van over midday as too hot - or lye in the shade round the pool so something to occupy them.

have a great time

vinblanc Thu 13-Aug-09 15:52:27

We have been on a Siblu campsite and we braved the evening entertainment - for the kids! Some of it was good and some was really cheesy.

The alternative was going back to our mobile home to do a jigsaw or play board and car games.

Dressing up means changing out of your shorts into long trousers (which can be jeans). It is a campsite and there is no reason to pretend to be posh. You might want to take slightly smarter clothes if you are going to a restaurant off-site.

rara67 Thu 13-Aug-09 20:30:32

Thanks v much. It's the little things that make the difference, so off to find mini salt n pepper...perhaps we need a trip to a greasy spoon before we leave. We are staying in Suite Hotel in Rouen - sounds like it will be bigger than the van! I couldnt see the 1st link leslaki but assume it was Puy de Fou. I guess that it's worth staying for the evening shows and so packing pjs for baby!?! I hope that my DH appreciates all your hardwork (this is the man who didnt have a valid passport until 10th and we leave on 17th..)

GrapefruitMoon Fri 14-Aug-09 09:26:28

leslaki can you remember what the situation is at Puy du Fou regarding picnics? Can you take them inside or do you have to go back out to the carpark?

Portofino Fri 14-Aug-09 10:03:16

We did 2 weeks at Lac Des Reves in July. We didn't get that dressed up and some people seemed to come straight from the pool!

Agree with Vinblanc that the kid's entertainment was good, and dd took part in the talent show both weeks. The kid's club people WERE the evening entertainers as well, and were enthusiastic if not highly talented wink The Dirty Dancing show was incredibly cheesy but dd liked it. There were a couple of bands on too and they were both quite good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now