Talk

Advanced search

hotel with swimming pool -what do you do?

(6 Posts)
dorris44 Sun 09-Aug-09 20:55:46

this is such a silly query, but we've booked into a hotel with the kids for a couple of nights for a wedding. It's a hilton and has a swimming pool. Usually I'm used to staying in small B&Bs, or self catering cottage since the DC came along.

I don't want to look a fool parading down the stairs in a swimming costume, so do they usually have changing rooms down there? What about towels, can we borrow them from our room, and finally will they have any thing there for kids, or do I need to bring arm bands etc. anything else I need to consider?

thanks

cthea Sun 09-Aug-09 20:58:58

There will be a changing room nearby. There won't be armbands. Not sure about towels, you may have to bring them from upstairs. Why not have a look around when you arrive to locate things for when you need it.

Portofino Sun 09-Aug-09 21:01:05

In my experience, indoor pools in hotels have a changing room. Posh hotels have towels available. It is also acceptable to go down in the lift in the hotel provided bath robe. They are not likely to have armbands. You could phone and ask whether towels are provided or if you need to bring something for swimming...?

mrspnut Sun 09-Aug-09 21:04:46

Most Hilton's do provide special towels in the pool changing rooms for swimming and they do have changing rooms and lockers.

Arm bands aren't provided but the pools are never very big nor very deep.

dorris44 Sun 09-Aug-09 21:28:57

thank you for your replies. My DH has just told me it's a holiday inn, but I guess they are pretty alike.
I'll stick a couple of towels in the car anyway, but I'll know not to show myself up by parading through reception in by cossie!

cthea Sun 09-Aug-09 21:59:03

You won't need to take your own towels, just take the ones provided by the hotel in your room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now