Talk

Advanced search

Internal flights in Thailand. . . buy before you go? or when you get there?

(5 Posts)
littlestmummystop Sun 09-Aug-09 16:09:01

I am going in December, so peak season and visiting Phuket and Koh Samui. . should I buy flights now or when I get there?

Are there always plenty of flights available?

Thanks!

Starmummy Mon 10-Aug-09 12:58:12

Buy now. www.airasia.com

Where you going? We are off to Kata for christmas.

littlestmummystop Mon 10-Aug-09 16:03:46

Thanks! We are flying to Bangkok but want to spend 10 days in Phuket and then Ko Samui. . . and then back to bangkok. . .

What's Kata like? Any advice on accommodation etc also welcome. .

WhatFreshHellIsThis Mon 10-Aug-09 16:13:24

It's worth looking into the trains`as well - DP and I took an overnight train from Bangkok down to the islands and it was great - proper beds with sheets and hot food and very easy and cheap.

Drayford Mon 10-Aug-09 23:31:03

IME flights are sometimes busy during holiday times (Thai and western holidays) so it may be worth booking before you go, particularly if there's more than 1 of you travelling.

You could get the train, but the ferry to samui is a bit crowded and the sea can be rough and the backpacking crowd can be a bit lairy envy - oh to be a backpacker again!!!!

If you want somewhere a bit different, try Krabi or Koh Lanta www.lantainfo.com/ which is absolutely fabby and laid back and very child friendly! If the budget is accommodating, the Pimilai resort is just amazing - we finished a tour of Thailand with a 5 night stay there a few years ago and my DC (now 17 and 15) still harp on about how great it was!

I'm told by Thai and continent hopping friends that Phra Thong Island is a good place to head - but have not checked it out for myself.

I'm vvvvv jealous - I'd love to be heading to Thailand this christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now