Talk

Advanced search

centre parcs europe

(12 Posts)
hamstring Sat 08-Aug-09 13:23:21

anyone been to any c.parcs in belguim and
which are nearest to calais. i ve looked at website but cant find map

bruffin Sat 08-Aug-09 14:22:45

We went to Erperheide 2 years ago. From what I can remember there isn't much difference in the drive from Calais to either Erperheide or De Vossermeren. They are very close together. I think it took us about 3-4 hours, about the same time as some of the Netherland ones.

centerparc map Had to ask DD 11 to find she is an expert of the centerparc website.We are off a week on friday to De Eemhof and she is counting down every day.

hamstring Sat 08-Aug-09 15:09:13

i should have said actually holland aswell. thanks for reply ill take a look

Portofino Sat 08-Aug-09 15:23:12

We' ve been to eperheide. It was very nice. Also for similar but cheaper try sunparks.be and landal.co.uk. Lots of sites in Belgium and holland and very reasonably priced. Eg sunparks at de haan is about 1 hour from Calais

bruffin Sat 08-Aug-09 16:56:09

We have been to Het Meerdal, Huttenheugte and Het Heidjebos as well if you want any more advice.

hamstring Sat 08-Aug-09 23:25:30

thanks for all these tips. ill take a look at sunparks as well. an hour from calais sounds good

Portofino Sun 09-Aug-09 06:41:25

De Haan is a really nice seaside town - much prettier than OostDuinkirk where there is also a Sunparks(though we've stayed at both for the weekend and both parks are good.) You can get a tram up and down the Belgian coast and there is loads to do.

FreddoBaggyMac Sun 16-Aug-09 13:49:18

De Kempervennen is good if you want to use the indoor ski slope.
Eperheide is the best if you have small children - the Baluba is great.
It is worth knowing that if you are staying at one Centerparcs you are given free admission to all the others and many are only 30 mins drive away from each other. We stayed at De Kempervennen and visited three others in Holland and Belgium while we were staying there.

bruffin Sun 16-Aug-09 14:10:10

My dc's really like the Jungle Dome at Het Heidjebos as well (pictures on profile). One word of warning they have an area where you can play with clay and it gets very messy.

vinblanc Sun 16-Aug-09 20:22:26

We have been to Kempervennen, which is in the Netherlands but just the other side of Antwerp. We have also been to Lac d'Ailette in France (east of Paris).

Both were good, and the choice between the two would depend on your particular family structure and the type of activities you want.

Kiwinyc Fri 21-Aug-09 14:19:31

Lac d'Ailette is the closest to Calais, about 2 hrs and dead easy to get to. HAve also been to the other CP south of Paris in the Loire region, but not to any in The Netherlands.

We would do Lac d'Ailette again, simply cos getting there is so quick and easy.

mumoverseas Fri 21-Aug-09 15:46:40

god, we went to Lac d'Ailette last month and it was awful. The staff were really rude and unhelpful and we had problems with our accommodation (the bath flooded as pipes not connected underneath!) which sent water pouring through the ceiling through light fittings in the kitchen and also leaked into the bedroom completely soaking the carpet and most of DDs clothes which she'd left on floor as no wardrobe in room.
They were just not interested and despite numerous requests from us and promises from them, they did not come out and clean up or dry out the carpet so the house smelt awful for the rest of the holiday. They have also refused to acknoweledge letters of complaint.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now