Talk

Advanced search

Christmas - great place for a christmas holiday week??

(6 Posts)
smilesandsun Fri 07-Aug-09 10:09:37

Hi,

We're looking to go somewhere family friendly for a christmas week away. We're been to the Sands Resort in Cornwall and really liked it as the kids we're so well catered for. This Christmas we'd like to go somewhere in a different location (anywhere in UK or close ) with the same level of activities and family friendly nature. Also somewhere that will have a 'christmas' feel.

Any hints would be great!

Thanks

girlsyearapart Fri 07-Aug-09 10:14:46

We hired a cottage through helpful holidays which was really well equipped they had some which looked great for xmas time open fires etc. Some were based around places with more activities too. You have to book up early though. Or center parcs?

smilesandsun Fri 07-Aug-09 10:23:48

thanks. I think that I want to be in a resort of some type as I really enjoyed not having to do all the tidying and cooking for a week. However I will also look into helpful holidays.

smilesandsun Sat 08-Aug-09 09:03:02

Any ideas in Scotland? Is it a good destination at that time of the year? Any other ideas would be great too...

thanks

ridingjoker Sat 08-Aug-09 09:09:54

i think scotland is great in xmas..... but thats because i am biased living here. grin... however i will go look up some places and give you links for scotland

ridingjoker Sat 08-Aug-09 09:15:39

crieff hydro

they do hike up the prices considerably for xmas..... but the quantity and quality of food is great.

they have 6 hrs free soft play/ organised activity for dc for every night stay you have there,

plus... cinema, indoor sports, outdoor sports. and so much more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now