Talk

Advanced search

Bugaboo airplane bag

(5 Posts)
Chica31 Thu 06-Aug-09 13:15:20

Hi, has anyone else taken their bugaboo on a plane. Do you have to check it, or can you carry it through and therefore have the pram until the last minute?

We have an airplane bag to put it in. We are traveling Ryanair Valencia to East Midlands

Our DD will be 12 weeks, any other tips?

betterthanbritney Thu 06-Aug-09 19:07:13

Hey,
We bought ours on a plane when our little one was 3 months old. Flew to edinburgh with ba but didn't have a bag for it. Let us have it right until the last minute. Unfortunately brakes were broken when it came off!
Have travelled elsewhere with budget airlines and they have always let us have the pushchair until the last minute, although we never made the mistake of bringing the bugaboo again and just borrowed my sil's maclaren.

Make yourself vaguely known to the check in crew and they should hopefully make sure you sit together,
good luck!

Chica31 Tue 11-Aug-09 09:43:15

Thanks

tattybojangles Tue 11-Aug-09 09:46:24

we bought the bag. took the bugaboo to canada - which meant 2 flights. our buggy was the only one that wasn't completely destroyed when i came off the plane.

I would check it and use a sling in the airport.

lobsters Sat 15-Aug-09 22:39:10

I flew with DD at 4 months, we checked in the Bugaboo in it's bag and carried DD through the airport in the baby bjorn. It was so much easier, esp going through security, and left me with 2 free hands. I was given the advice here on MN, and to travel with a sling was among the best advice I have been given.

And somewhere there a few Japanese people who had been on holiday in London and have photos of DD in a sling, as they thought it was really cute, and she loves smiling for the camera.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now