Talk

Advanced search

Do you pay for a two yr old if no hotel bed booked??

(4 Posts)
ladykay Thu 06-Aug-09 12:33:17

I'm feeling a bit stupid but here goes. We are going on our first holiday with our (just) two year old, so we are a bit green. We are staying at a small hotel/hostel in Italy. We booked a double bedroom and it said they provide cots, but thinking about it the booking form then didn't ask about any children travelling with us and I suppose I had assumed that if they weren't using an actual bed, it wasn't counted. Now I'm thinking that's daft - he's over two, will be having breakfasts, and we must owe them for a whole other person...obviously I'll email the owners - I have to book the cot anyway - but am I in for a nasty shock?

leeanne1407 Thu 06-Aug-09 16:00:31

no i dont think so, we have been to a few B&B and never paid for my son yet most hotels/hostels will tell you if children under 5 are free or not, one of the b&bs weve been to we had to pay £5 a night to hire the cot but that was it and for all it costs them for a little bit of cereal or toast for the little one i dont think u have anything to worry about

ladykay Thu 06-Aug-09 16:09:08

Oh okay, well that's a good sign, thanks!

LIZS Thu 06-Aug-09 16:09:29

It depends , some will make a notional charge for use of cot and stay , others not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now