Talk

Advanced search

Which would you do?

(10 Posts)
saggyhairyarse Thu 06-Aug-09 00:00:20

Eastern Med and Egypt cruise taking in Italian, Greek Island, Croatian, Turkish and Egypt ports. £5.5K

Sri Lanka. Ten days at an all inclusive resort with a 3 day trip to Kandy, elephant orphanage, tea plantations etc. (We did marry here!) £3K

Cuba. Beach resort for 10 days, 3 days in Havana. £4K.

2 adults, 3 kids (9,6,3).

Just a poll really though thoughts would be appreciated! It is our ten year anniversary and we have had cheap hols to my Mums in Spain and camping hols so we would be spending A LOT more than we ever usually do as a treat.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 06-Aug-09 00:03:30

Sri lanka. Children will get bored on a cruise (maybe), there's only so much to do on a beach.

muggglewump Thu 06-Aug-09 00:03:34

Sri Lanka appeals to me most from those choices, but I'd choose one of the others if I were you because you've already been there.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 06-Aug-09 00:04:54

I imagine the op didn't see very much of Sri Lanka muggle wink

saggyhairyarse Thu 06-Aug-09 07:48:06

LOL!

We did a bit of sightseeing but there are places we didn't get to.

I was thinking the cruise would be the best option for the children so thats interesting that others think not.

The only ship I can find that would take all of 5 of us in one room is the Royal Carribean Independence of the Seas which is geared for families and probably has more facilities than most holiday villages:

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?br=R&shipClassCode =FR&shipCode=ID&ukkwid=royalcaribbean_independence_of_theseas&gclid=CJSnzs63jpwCFUYA4wod70JjYw

MadameCastafiore Thu 06-Aug-09 07:50:14

Sri Lanka - kids would get bored on a cruise and Hanvana is not somewhere I would take kids to. (I have been there so am not making a wild statement here!)

Portofino Thu 06-Aug-09 08:09:32

I'd do the cruise - especially if the ship has lots of facilities. 2nd definitely don't take them to Havana.

saggyhairyarse Thu 06-Aug-09 08:11:49

Good to hear some inside knowledge, things the Travel Agents don't say!

Lizzylou Thu 06-Aug-09 08:17:20

I would do Sri Lanka tbh, but then have always wanted to go there. We honeymooned in Marrakech and I would love to take my boys there one day. I think it would be lovely for your DC to go there too.

We are a few years into our African Safari savings plan, will make a change from PIL's caravan in Yorkshire grin

mumoverseas Thu 06-Aug-09 09:08:22

I'm sorry but I wouldn't do Sri Lanka. Things are still very up in the air out there at the moment although most of the negative things don't get onto tv now.
A good friend of mine is in the military in Sri Lanka and he has warned us against it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now