Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Paper driving licence in France.

(6 Posts)

Yes I am that old (and lazy ) I still have a paper driving licence. Can anyone tell me if this is acceptable in France.

TIA

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 04-Aug-09 23:44:31

I hope so!

I've never heard any reason why it wouldn't be - after all, it's still a legitimate licence.

Why would you think it wasn't?

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 04-Aug-09 23:46:08

PS I still have my paper licence as I have had no need to change it - we have lived in the same house for over 20 years.

If, by calling yourself lazy, you mean that you haven't changed yours, please be aware that in the UK that is an offence, and you can be fined for it!

Otherwise, the only way you need a new licence is if you lose yours or move house. (Or lose your licence and have to have it renewed)

Well I am going to France in 3 weeks so won't have time to get it back in photo format but I will do it as soon as we get back (or my DH will be even crossier with me). Thanks for your post.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 05-Aug-09 16:43:41

Sorry - I didn't make it clear in my post - you don't need to have changed it unless you've changed your address or have lost your original licence - or you've reached the age of 70, when I think you have to re-apply!

Ponders Wed 05-Aug-09 17:19:24

You can pay £5 for an International Driving Permit which has your photo in & translations - google it, various motoring organisations issue them.

Not compulsory but could be a good idea smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now