Talk

Advanced search

Anyone looked at the weather forecast and thought sod it, I'm staying at home?

(13 Posts)
deaddei Tue 04-Aug-09 18:44:09

As the date for our week in west Wales approaches, and I still remember last year's washout when we returned early- has anyone decided to stay put after all?
The thought of packing for every eventuality is beginning to press heavily on me and has got me opening the wine bottle earlier each day.
Oh to be heading for distant climes, with a steady 25 degrees and a smiley sunshine every day!

caykon Wed 05-Aug-09 14:22:53

we considered it, but weather improved and we only had a couple of wet days and they didn't effect us as we planned round it.
If I knew I was facing a week of rain and miserable weather I would think twice.

AnyFucker Wed 05-Aug-09 14:27:59

just go

the weather is improving this week isn't it ??

don't give up your holiday,are you mad?, wales is very changeable, if it starts rubbish, the chances are it will buck up

and vice versa, just come home early if you insist

won't your kids (if you have 'em) be dreadfully disappointed)

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Wed 05-Aug-09 14:29:48

Take a brolly, wellies and rain coats, children don't care. It's the adults that keep them cooped up when it's wet. A little water isn't going to harm them.

deaddei Wed 05-Aug-09 14:32:21

We don't go till next Friday so there is no panic yet.
We go every year to Wales (meet brother and sil) but last year was so grim with permanent rain. My dd has ocd, and HATES going away- went to France last week which was a hell of an ordeal as her behaviour was abysmal. I think the kids would be happy at home after that holiday!
But no Anyfucker, you are right. Be positive is the way to be. Pack lots of wine.

AnyFucker Wed 05-Aug-09 14:35:19

yes, wine

makes everything ok smile

but seriously, the weather is going to be ok

have your holiday

< hard stare >

LilRedWG Wed 05-Aug-09 14:37:49

We've considered it, but I'm packinga box of wine and going.

deaddei Wed 05-Aug-09 15:04:36

I'm not arguing with Anyfucker......I shall go and insist on some time apart from them all. Bara brith, welshcakes and scones sound good.

deaddei Sun 09-Aug-09 08:09:44

Well, next Saturday's forecast is for 16 degrees and rain.....it's August ffs.

McDreamy Sun 09-Aug-09 08:24:27

No but came back from France a day early after a week of rain - we ran out of wet weather things to do sad First week was fab though!

Go but be prepared smile

deaddei Sun 09-Aug-09 09:11:21

Mcdreamy- where were you? We were in Le Touquet the first week and it only rained once. Poor you- friends went to the south for ten days last summer and it rained most of the time.

McDreamy Sun 09-Aug-09 10:48:57

We were near Pontivy in Brittany. First week was lovely but the second week was a bit pants! We visited Vannes and Carnac and the weather there was great, just needed to bit a bit further south I think. Great holiday though smile

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 09-Aug-09 10:51:45

McDreamy - how unlucky! In Normandy we only had one day and one evening of rain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now