Talk

Advanced search

Help me plan this holiday

(2 Posts)
hobbgoblin Tue 04-Aug-09 11:33:15

I'm helping DP to plan a holiday with his DC from 1st marriage. When he has holidayed with them we will go away with our baby during term time, just the three of us.

What you need to know is that he is committed but hopeless when it comes to his DC and most contact time involves taking them for lunch/shopping with occasional bike rides if it is sunny. They love these bike rides and DP always says 'must do more often'. Frankly, he is afraid of his own (perceived) lack of parenting ability so always plays safe with them. He has an inner urge to break the mould but always bottles it so camping will never happen unless I get involved but I don't want to come in as Mrs Make things happen, he needs to do this for him.

Soooo, I want to offer him some ideas to consider as he is planning a mini break with them before the end of the holidays. He liked my gentle suggestion of staying in a few b&bs and riding to a new one each night on bikes - like a mini bike tour.

I want to just sow the seeds in terms of ideas on what to do, so do any of you have some fab suggestions? b&B recommendations? Good places to find lots to do? New Forest appeals because he is already familiar with it.

It needs to be no more than moderatwly expensive, so Centre Parcs is out!

TIA

hobbgoblin Tue 04-Aug-09 11:55:39

Is girl aged 11 and boy aged almost 10 btw. and they are both bouncy and precocious up for anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now