Talk

Advanced search

Do you get bagage allowance and hand luggage on a plane for an under 2 that is free?

(9 Posts)
JennyPenny22 Mon 03-Aug-09 22:15:34

We are off abroad with 2 under 2s. We haven't paid for either of their flights but because it wasn't us that booked it I don't really know the details. (We are going in a big group). MIL knows more about the booking than me but her friend booked it and all I am getting from MIL is "I THINK..." But I need to know these details, not just THINK them! Lol.

Anyway. Baggage allowance is on my mind. MIL thinks we get 10kgs for each of the kids PLUS hand luggage (which would be the buggy). When I said this to my mum, she was very suprised and doesn't think we will get that much.

Anybody know how I can find out?

jkklpu Mon 03-Aug-09 22:22:55

Don't get hand luggage but hold depends on airlines, I think: traditional airlines should give you free allocation of buggy/car-seat per child, but low-cost charge for everything. Check the small print on the tickets/the relevant websites.

Buggy isn't hand luggage. Even if you can keep it till you board, it will go in the hold and either be returned on the belt with the rest of the hold luggage or put out on the tarmac on arrival. You can check with cabin crew.

JennyPenny22 Mon 03-Aug-09 23:29:21

I don't have the tickets etc to check - thats why I am struggling. If I find out what airline we are flying with - can I find out from that. It is really bugging me not knowing everything! I am a bit of a worrier when it comes to stuff like that and even though we have weeks till we fly I feel like I need to know it all now! The others are more laid back about it though which is why nobody has found the details for me! lol.

So are you saying that buggys are just included, regardless? Ie don't class as luggage weight or anything? OR does that depend on the airline too?

JennyPenny22 Mon 03-Aug-09 23:34:33

Sorry - are you also saying that we definatly won't get hand luggage? Regardless of airline? I am not suprised, just a little confused at your post - am very tired!

navyeyelasH Mon 03-Aug-09 23:45:05

it depends who you're flying with....

trixymalixy Mon 03-Aug-09 23:54:46

You need to find out which airline as i will vary. e,g Ryanair will give you no baggage allowance at all for the infants neither hand luggage or hold luggage.

It could be ridiculously epensive if you make a mistake so you really need to find out for definite.

JennyPenny22 Mon 03-Aug-09 23:57:32

exactly - don't want to get there and have to pay a fortune!

I will try and find out the airline tomorrow.

sandcastles Tue 04-Aug-09 01:38:13

Once you find out who you are booked with, ring them direct.

The travel agent told us that dd (20 months at the time) had no allowance for either hand or hold luggage & no meals.

I rang the airling & she was allowed 1/2 the adult allowance both hold & hand & was allowed meals.

They said that travel agents tell you to make you eith buy a spare seat to get the allowance or pay a fee to get them with no seat! Bloddy robbers!

sandcastles Tue 04-Aug-09 01:40:27

"travel agents tell you they don't get an allowance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now