Talk

Advanced search

DH birthday this weekend - want to escape Saturday night... help!

(8 Posts)
Willow2 Tue 24-May-05 14:22:40

Ok, it's DH's 40th this weekend. We are out on Friday but want to escape, without ds, for Saturday night. Appreciate that it is Bank Holiday - but any suggestions within 2 hours max of London? Also, who else, other than Last Minute, are good for late bookings?

Cheers my dears.

Willow2 Tue 24-May-05 15:05:16

bump

zubb Tue 24-May-05 15:16:31

I think at this stage its best to find hotels you like and book direct if possible.
What kind of place do you want - coastal / city / country? Cotswolds, New Forest, East Anglia? I'd avoid Brighton for the bank holiday though.

zubb Tue 24-May-05 15:32:32

also try www.laterooms.com

bluesky Wed 25-May-05 12:28:15

As the day is so close, I would also recommend contacting the hotels direct.

cod Wed 25-May-05 12:28:49

Message withdrawn

SecondhandRose Wed 25-May-05 13:22:39

Willow, I would recommend as 1. you have little time and 2. it's BH and traffic will be terrible - that you go to nicest hotel that is nearest to home, no point sitting in traffic if all you want is a nice meal and some time together. Have a look what's on your doorstep.

Where are you and perhaps we can recommend some places close by?

Willow2 Wed 25-May-05 14:08:13

THanks for messages - have decided to wait for another weekend. Apart from anything else, think he will probably be so hungover he won't appreciate anything on Saturday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now