Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest company to book package hol with?

(17 Posts)
dietqueen Sun 02-Aug-09 20:34:26

Hubby has said yes to a hol abroad 1st week sept however we only have 1k, for a week want AI and there is me, hub and 4 yr old...HELP!!!

girlsyearapart Sun 02-Aug-09 20:42:01

Also looking at same week. Good cheap websites so far have been greatlatedeals, packyourbags, onthebeach and travel supermarket. We are going with two under 2's and another couple with two under 2's we're looking at Balearics but self catering as dd2's allergies mean AI would be nightmare. Have found deals so far for all 8 of us for 11-1500 so you should get lucky. Also teletext holidays also good deals. Haven't booked yet though!

growingout Sun 02-Aug-09 20:46:20

Message withdrawn

dietqueen Sun 02-Aug-09 20:51:31

yes Im looking at majorca but def want AI as we dont have much spends to take. Im checking out teletext now never heard of great late deals

girlsyearapart Sun 02-Aug-09 20:53:08

No I hadn't either but they seem ok and cheap! Keep me posted if you book anything. Would do AI if there'd be any bloody thing dd2 could eat!!

MissSunny Mon 03-Aug-09 00:59:38

Message withdrawn

MissSunny Mon 03-Aug-09 01:00:50

Message withdrawn

dietqueen Mon 03-Aug-09 08:49:41

Please, pleasefind me something!

2 x Adults and 1 x child (4 yrs)
From either Emids, Birmingham, Humberside, Doncaster (Any midlands).
Can go between 30 Aug, 31 Aug or 1 Sept (Not after 1 Sept)
7 nights
AI

Happy with Majorca, Menorca,

Must be child/family friendly - play park and near to a aqu park perhaps?

See what you can do for me please!!!

MissSunny Mon 03-Aug-09 13:02:18

Message withdrawn

dietqueen Mon 03-Aug-09 15:25:26

Thanks Miss Sunny - yes Im really up against it as latest we can go is 1st Sept - typical!!!

Many thanks for your trouble...dont quit like the look at the link but like you say Im sure its clean and you get what you pay for. I really want to stay at the Protur Safari Apts in Sa Coma, Majorca, we went last year and it has everything we want...decent food, good play park, water park next door lots to keep our 4 yr old occupied will have to stump up some more £££ or off to skeggy for a week !!!! Thanks once again for your help

Drayford Mon 03-Aug-09 23:16:15

You should find some good deals as Bank Holiday weekend falls oddly this year - schools go back the following week so a Sat or Sunday departure may be your best bet for a deal. Sometimes, just trying your local travel agent may be a good place for a deal, particularly if you give them a maximum budget. Otherwise, www.lastminute.com// or Holidays Direct might throw up something for you. If you are prepared to gamble, booking 2 or 3 days before departure can sometimes get you a real bargain!

Have a lovely time wherever you end up!!

dietqueen Tue 04-Aug-09 21:19:14

well Ive given up!!! Last Minute is ok until you go to checkout and all the hidden extras appear such as transfer £40 per person, luggage for hold £30 x 3 etc...

Its Skeggy for us this year!

girlsyearapart Tue 04-Aug-09 22:03:01

boo! what a shame. did you try greatlatedeals or calling teletext?

dietqueen Wed 05-Aug-09 08:18:35

Cant believe Im still lookign when I said I was going to give up!!

For some reason Thomson are doing quite good prices to Costa Dorade - Salou. Golden Port Salou my friend said is great for kids and food is excellent also have a good trip advisor...this is coming in at £1,100....there is light at the end of the tunnel

Re teletext some good offers ton screen but when you call that one has usually gone! and all others are twice the price

girlsyearapart Wed 05-Aug-09 21:33:05

Prices on First Choice seem to have gone down too so try them.

RubyBlueberry Mon 10-Aug-09 20:44:26

Do it all seperately!

Look on skyscanner.net for cheapest flights then look at lowcostbeds, medhotels, somewhere2stay for hotel ideas.

As Protur Safari is featured by Thomson go on their website and check accomodation only price, then match it together with the flights off skyscanner.

Transfers, look at holidaytaxis, you can do a shuttle bus (like Thomson etc) or book a taxi.

Beae in mins that this option won't be covered by ABTA etc though! Good luck.

RubyBlueberry Mon 10-Aug-09 20:45:17

Beae in mins?? Bear in mind that should say! doh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now