Talk

Advanced search

Hotels in Newcastle

(9 Posts)
sparkly Mon 23-May-05 21:23:13

Can someone help please??! We are hoping to get away next week for a night or two to Newcastle. Thinking about staying at the Malmaison - is it actually hear the centre. Our nights away tend to involve finding somewhere nice to eat and drink that isn't miles from the hotel. If not the Malmaison, any suggestions welcome!

nappybaglady Mon 23-May-05 22:20:56

Malmaison is on the Quayside. Good restaurant there and lots of others close by. If you want a really good (expensive) meal go to 21 Queen Street which is close. Town centre is 10-15 mins walk uphill up beautiful Grey Street. Quayside itself is great. Baltic Art place worth a look for the view more than the art (IMHO).

Blakes - half way up Grey Strret - is great for brunch. If you've got kids with you eat at Zizzi's, also half way up Grey Strret. I sat there once BF my tiny boy while 3y old dd slurped spaghetti

Copthorne hotel on the quayside is also nice and may have space if Malmaison is full. LOVE newcastle. Have fun

roisin Mon 23-May-05 22:22:33

Nappybaglady - what are you doing recommending hotels in Newcastle? Aren't you in Canada? (I'm enjoying your blog btw)

Evesmama Mon 23-May-05 22:22:43

zizzi's yuuumm
and was just about to suggest the malmaison too!

peckarollover Mon 23-May-05 22:32:12

Malmaison is perfectly placed for the Quayside and all the restaurants (and bars!) that come with it.

Ooooooooooo I feel all patriotic when someone visits my lovely city

Have fun x

nappybaglady Mon 23-May-05 22:32:21

Yep, but still love Newcastle. In fact it's almost as completely fab as New York, Canmore, etc, etc

peckarollover Mon 23-May-05 22:33:58

It is because of the lovely people nappybaglady

sparkly Tue 24-May-05 08:09:43

Knew I could count on MN to help me out. About to see if I can get the Malmaison on lastminute!! Wish me luck. DP has no idea I'm doing this as want to surprise him so hope he likes. We've stayed at the Mal in Manchester and he loved that. DD is with her dad this half term so we're planning on going up on Monday and returning Wednesday ... child free! Can't wait!!

Nappybaglady - are you in Canmore now? I spent some of my formative years in Canada!! Are you going to the west coast at all??

hsanders Wed 25-May-05 13:43:25

We're staying at a 4* Boutique hotel in Newcastle next week called Grey Street Hotel - v. reasonable and booked via Lastminute.com for £89 per room per night. Will let you know how nice it is..I am told it's very central and pretty nice so hopefully it will be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now