Talk

Advanced search

What to do with 18mo at Centre Parcs.

(14 Posts)
Hollyoaks Thu 30-Jul-09 08:18:24

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Been many times when I was growing up but not with my own dd.

GoldenSnitch Thu 30-Jul-09 08:32:28

We took DS in Feb when he was just under 2.

We took him swimming, hired one of those bike trailers for bike rides (which he loved), we booked him in for Messy Play and the Teddy Bears Picnic and would have done the soft play if I'd have seen it set up in time - lots of things were billed for up to 2's and we thought he'd be a bit big but it looked like lots of fun. He came with us to play crazy golf and go bowling too (we gave him a ramp and let him have a go) and whenever we went out for something to eat, he played in the soft play area that every resteraunt seems to have. Ooh, and there were a couple of playgrounds at Elveden too with the usual slides and swings etc which he had a go on. He was so tired after the mornings, he slept for most of the afternoons!!

We loved it so much, were going back in November grin

poshtottie Thu 30-Jul-09 08:33:00

We took ds who was 2.7 in March. In the mornings he usually played in the outdoor play area near our accommodation. We then used to get on the bikes and go for coffee whilst ds played in the soft play area.

We booked a couple of activities for him. He went to a yoga class with me and a messy play class with daddy. We also did the teddy bears picnic which he enjoyed.

In the afternoons he always went swimming.

He asks everyday if we can go back. Hoping to go in October.

GoldenSnitch Thu 30-Jul-09 08:33:15

There will be details of all the kiddies stuff in the details they send you or online

Hollyoaks Thu 30-Jul-09 08:40:32

Thanks all, just been checking the website and most of the activities are for 2 and over so a little bit limited for 18mo. However messy play sounds good and lots of swimming.

poshtottie Thu 30-Jul-09 08:44:20

There was two aged groups for the yoga. One was definitely for the younger ones.

GoldenSnitch Thu 30-Jul-09 08:49:37

Ah yes, I remember now. I had to check if DS could join in cause we went in Feb and he wasn't 2 till March. I have to say, the women who ran it were wonderful and were more than happy for DS to join in with the over 2 stuff. Although we were there in term time so most things were quite quiet anyway.

If you think there is something your DS would enjoy and could cope with, why not go to the desk after you get there and ask? I was pleasantly suprised, maybe you will be too?

GoldenSnitch Thu 30-Jul-09 08:51:09

Teddy bears picnic was just a little walk round looking for hidden teddy bears, followed by a picnic and a dance to the Hokey Cokey with someone in a bear suit - I'm sure it would be fine for an 18 month old.

lisad123 Thu 30-Jul-09 08:57:02

we are going in dec with dd1 and dd2. When we last went dd1 enjoyed the bugs ball, yoga, horse riding and the swimming. They should send you details of whats happening and you can book before you go. DEF book before you go.

Hollyoaks Thu 30-Jul-09 08:59:58

I think I'll give them a ring to see if I can get dd onto some of these activities that I think she will enjoy. Dont want to book them if they wont allow her to take part. Thanks again for the tips.

heavenstobetsy Thu 30-Jul-09 09:02:53

We took our dd when she was 18 months and messy play was about the only 'pay' activity she could do - but she did really love it (she needed a change of clothes tho, it really is messy)

However, we had no problem filling our time - various play areas outside, feeding the wildlife, lots of indoor softplay, bike rides and of course swimming which usually lasted all morning

GoldenSnitch Thu 30-Jul-09 09:07:33

When I rang before our trip the people on the phone said they couldn't book us onto any activities that weren't for his age becase it was down to the people at the site as to whether they would take them or not.

I booked everything we wanted to do that he was 'allowed' to and booked the rest on the first morning when we got there.

Hollyoaks Thu 30-Jul-09 09:11:50

Thanks GoldenSnitch, that saves me a phonecall. I suppose its all about health and safety. Looks like its messy play, cant wait. grin

GoldenSnitch Thu 30-Jul-09 09:43:10

Just go to the desk when you get there and ask. The people at Elveden were lovely. An adult has to go with them to Teddy Bears Picnic anyway - I can't see why they wouldn't let you take your DD.

Have a lovely time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now