Talk

Advanced search

Menorca

(8 Posts)
ChocolateGirl Wed 29-Jul-09 13:02:13

We are thinking of going to Menorca on holiday next year. Can anyone recommend a resort - or suggest one to avoid! - in Menorca? We are thinking on Cala En Porter.

We are a family of 5 (3 kids who will be 10, 8 and 6 next summer), hoping to get a villa with a private pool. We'd like to be not too far from a nice child-friendly beach, wouldn't mind a shop and restaurant not too far away - but aren't looking for nightlife like pubs and clubs! In fact, don't want to be too close to any in case it gets noisy late at night.

Any recommendations, please?

SingleMum01 Wed 29-Jul-09 18:30:55

I've been to Cala n Bosch 5 times! I have a son of 6 nearly 7 who absolutely loves it there. Its built around a small marina with restaurants around. There is no nightlife so its a quiet resort. Its brilliant for kids, certainly the 6 and 8 year old. There's a small sandy beach plus a bigger one about 10 mins walk away. There's a Goody Goody park with 3 bouncy castles, 2 small water shutes, ball park (costs 10e uros for all day 11am - 11pm for kids to go on everything all day) plus go karts and an arcade. There are also other small arcades around the marina. There is also a bigger water park which your older child would probably like more.

The only down side is its about 45 mins away from the airport, but that doesn't seem to bother my DS! Let me know what you think if you go - I've booked already for next year!

PestoSoggyMonster Wed 29-Jul-09 18:35:01

I would second Cala'n'Bosch, there's also a lovely waterpark on the outskirts too.

SingleMum01 Wed 29-Jul-09 18:41:31

PS - our favourite restaurant is El Pato around the marina - the waiters are great with the kids and you can get food in aeroplanes/trains!

MissSunny Thu 30-Jul-09 01:23:05

Message withdrawn

MissSunny Thu 30-Jul-09 01:24:21

Message withdrawn

hamstring Sat 01-Aug-09 21:54:10

cala galdana is really beautiful and has a lovely beach

girlsyearapart Sun 02-Aug-09 08:09:57

Son Bou has a lovely beach and a fair few kids activities. We went pre children so I wasn't really looking!
Also going to book either menorca or majorca with our two dds who will be 1 and 2 and our friends with same age dcs.
My mum just came back from Cala Forcat which she said was good for kids.
try Owners Direct for villas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now