Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

desperate plea to find overnightstop near le mans this friday!

(9 Posts)
triplets Tue 28-Jul-09 21:31:05

Aghhhhh can`t find a thing, 5 of us. Driving from Calais to Vendee, will take 9/10 hours, too long as DH getting over cancer, need a nice but cheap stop, this frid!

Littlefish Tue 28-Jul-09 21:39:43

A year ago I would have been able to help you as my parents had a house there. Really sorry I can't help you.

Have you tried this place?

Littlefish Tue 28-Jul-09 21:41:19

I did a quick search on the date and came up with these options:

Click here!

triplets Tue 28-Jul-09 22:28:13

Thanks Littlefish, I have just looked, don`t think DH wants to go into Le Mans, they say its a nightmare, would prefer something between Alencon and Le Mansm have just mailed a hotel in Beaumont Sur Sarthe, misterbed are great, stayed in one in Tours, shame they are booked.

FritesMenthe Wed 29-Jul-09 08:56:16

accor hotels are a big french chain with lots of different brands - Ibis, Mercure etc.

FritesMenthe Wed 29-Jul-09 08:58:19

campanile and also links to Kyriad, Premiere Classe etc.

mumoverseas Wed 29-Jul-09 09:19:25

a few years ago I went to Le Mans (for the 24 hour race) and the accommodation we'd booked there was a hovel so we drove to Tours which was lovely and only about a 30 min drive. We stayed in the Best Western there which was very nice.

GrapefruitMoon Wed 29-Jul-09 13:45:01

Are you putting 5 people in when you are doing your search? I think in France the max number of people per room is 4 which might be why you are having problems if you are trying to book just one room. I know a motel just south of Rouen which turns a blind eye to an extra child in a family room but might not be far enough south for you?

triplets Wed 29-Jul-09 15:02:03

Thank you, problem solved, we are now staying another week in France, moving to another campsite where we got a bargain, and then only 5 hours drive back to Calais! Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now