Talk

Advanced search

Long Weekend in Barcelona - with our 4 year old, tips advice on places to stay,eat etc...

(7 Posts)
bottletopbill Mon 27-Jul-09 15:03:54

thinking of going for a few days with ds age 4yrs.

Want to stay near or waking distance to beach and Im assuming hotel with a pool.

Where should we stay, where should we eat?

mummylin2495 Mon 27-Jul-09 22:54:12

we stayed in a place called calella when we went in april.there was a beach just down the road from our hotel but its about a 40 min or so trip on the train to actually get into barcelona center.The hotel we stayed in was the amika and we had an all inclusive deal.this included breakfast.lunch and evening meal and all the drinks that you want at any time

mummylin2495 Mon 27-Jul-09 23:05:10

amaika it should read !

hambler Mon 27-Jul-09 23:10:10

this place is fab

went here in June.
Utterly fab. In the centre, very chic, wonderful breakfast, walkable to beach, small rooftop pool that noone but me used

seeker Mon 27-Jul-09 23:10:12

Barcelona isn't walking distance from a beach. But it's a fab city with lots to do and see.

Sitges is the nearest beach, and it's about 20 minutes on the train. It's lovely - safe and sandy and lots of nice cafes and bars.

mummylin2495 Mon 27-Jul-09 23:20:21

and i hope you all enjoyed walking down ramblers as much as i did !

mummylin2495 Mon 27-Jul-09 23:24:45

One good thing we did was to go for a tour on an open top bus.We got a two day ticket as it was better value.You can hop on and off the bus at will and you will see places that you otherwise may not see.You are provided with earplugs so you will hear what the places/buildings/areas are.Well worth the money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now