Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Norfolk broads and crawling baby!!

(8 Posts)
bambino1 Sun 22-May-05 20:37:46

In two weeks we are off on our first family holiday on the norfolk broads living on a boat for a week. It seemed like a really good idea when booked it in feb but now dd is crawking and I am beginning to panic about all that water. Has anyone been on this holiday with a baby?

MrsDoolittle Sun 22-May-05 20:41:05

I'm the same bambino. It's put me off totally I'm afraid. I would worry so much that it wouldn't be a holiday

bambino1 Sun 22-May-05 20:43:09

When are you going MrsD? I've been before and just remebmer how easy it is to go over board!

sammac Sun 22-May-05 20:48:02

This was our first holiday with dd when she was 6 months old, but not crawling then. We took a seat, kind of like a portable car seat, which could recline for her during the day when we were moving, and it had a tray for toys and feeding. We also took far too much stuff(as per usual!) It was quiet cool at nights (it was June) so make sure that you have a heater. And if I remember, there wasn't a travel cot- it was a safety gate type thing for the bed, which was a bit of a shock, but was fine. Didn't go back till she could swim well- when she was 7, and by then I was 5 months pregnant with ds! Thought about it this year, even got the brochures, but ds is too full of mischief and would be off the side within 5 minutes!

Enjoy

bambino1 Sun 22-May-05 20:50:12

Sammac I was quite worried bout cot side too. Can baby crawl off the end or does it go round be?

sammac Sun 22-May-05 21:03:09

It was like a cabin, enclosed at top and bottom, so only one side and point of entry(if that makes sense) It was perfectly okay, but just a bit of a shock at first, as not expecting that. It may have changed, but you know how small the cabins are, so not a lot of room for putting up a travel cot, though it would be possible.

If you have the boat company, you could give them a ring with the name of your boat and they'll be able to explain exactly. They are normally pretty helpful.

MrsDoolittle Sun 22-May-05 21:13:57

I'm not going. Loch gates would scare the hell out of me

bambino1 Sun 22-May-05 21:16:13

Its not lochs but tons of open water. Should be ok I hope, have got her some reins!! Thanks for letting me know bout cot side. Will ring hoseasons up tomo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now