Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Greek Islands for a relaxing family holiday - which do you prefer and which resort?

(8 Posts)
plonker Sat 25-Jul-09 21:56:21

We have postponed our holiday this year (can't afford it) but need to re-book for next year [fingers crossed].

There are 5 of us - the dc will be 10, 7 and 3.

We were booked to go to Tsilivi, Zante, which we absolutely love, but we have been there before (the last time was our last holiday, 3 years ago) and wondered if we are missing out on other beautiful islands.

I have also been to Rhodes, Kos, Skiathos and Crete but many many moons ago (as a child with my parents) so really have no idea what they're like now.

We want a relaxing holiday, with lively-ish nightlife but obviously suitable for children (not looking for a Kavos-type hol).

Where do you like to go?

Please give me some recommendations ...

DLI Sun 26-Jul-09 09:39:18

we went to corfu and stayed at a place called moratika, alought it was very small. we travelled the island and the best family place would be sidari

AcademicMum Sun 26-Jul-09 09:47:08

Kefalonia? That was quite nice when I went a few years ago. Assos is a nice (but small) village on the island with a pebble beach, which is nice for snorkelling but possibly a bit quiet to spend a whole holiday there. There are some larger more lively towns though.

Kiwinyc Sun 26-Jul-09 17:27:06

I loved Crete, the food there was much better than on the other two greek islands we've been to (Zante & Lefkas) - and Crete has a rep for being a foodie place.

We went with Simply Travel and stayed in Horofakia, nr Chania.

plonker Mon 27-Jul-09 01:03:37

Thanks for the recommendations smile

We are on a very tight budget still and Sidari seems to tick all the boxes but it says the transfer time from the airport is 2hours shock which seems like a lifetime with 3 children. Can anyone verify this?

Also, despite some sites claiming that very Greek areas can be found in Sidari, it does seem very lively and a bit, well English. Any thoughts?

I have checked out Kefalonia and Crete and I can't find accomodation that can fit all 5 of us in one room sad Thanks for suggestions though

hunkermunker Mon 27-Jul-09 01:06:46

Paphos, Cyprus?

plonker Mon 27-Jul-09 23:30:53

Ah thats a beautiful place Hunker - will take a closer look, thanks smile

buktus Tue 28-Jul-09 10:15:54

Coral bay is lovely in cyprus we have not long been back, its not too touristy but has everything you need, i found paphos a bit too commercial, lots of timeshare touts etc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now