Talk

Advanced search

is there anywhere to hire a chid car seat in croydon?

(8 Posts)
jetcat32 Sat 25-Jul-09 18:49:31

I am coming down to a friends in croydon in a couple of weeks, just for the weekend. As i am traveling by train, DD2(2) will need a car seat for (childless) friend's car.

I could get a cheapo one from argos for £35, but that seems a lot for the one weekend, as i dont come down that often.

Is there anywhere that actually hires them out, and would i need to pay a deposit or anything??

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 25-Jul-09 21:41:05

I have never been able to find anywhere that hires car seats without hiring a car too.

Does your friend have any friends with kids who could lend you one for the weekend?

jetcat32 Sat 25-Jul-09 22:07:37

thanks Iwish...

no, no friends with kids. She lives and loves the high flying life, and her nearest friends or family with kids are in wales!!

Think i may end up having to buy onehmm

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 26-Jul-09 15:10:56

no colleagues with kids.....?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 26-Jul-09 15:11:20

or any kind mn'ers in the area? grin

BertieBotts Sun 26-Jul-09 15:20:58

I found somewhere to hire baby equipment (incl car seats, though we didn't need one) using this site:

www.all4kidsuk.com/baby_equipment_hire.shtml

HTH It turned out for us it would be cheaper to buy cheapie highchair/travel cot etc factoring in delivery etc but there might be a different company in that area.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 26-Jul-09 15:42:43

WOW! I'm impressed with all of those companies BertieBotts - my search skills must leave a lot to be desired!

jetcat32 Sun 26-Jul-09 16:05:19

thanks bertie. IWIWMO, i dont think she would feel comfortable asking tbh.

Will check out the linksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now