Talk

Advanced search

What a dope I am - booked flight in maiden name

(5 Posts)
AmIDoingThisRight Fri 24-Jul-09 12:46:29

I am a big fool - have booked flights with Ryanair next week using maiden name and only noticed after I had printed off my boarding pass after checking in online. blush

Phoned their help line and apparently I just take my marriage certificate with me and that should be ok, but this isn't what I've heard from others before. I thought I had to pay a hefty fine to change name? Does this sound right to you?

Just need reassurance that others have done this and am not going completely mad really.

Hersetta Fri 24-Jul-09 15:09:16

I take it your passport is in your married name?

If so, I would expect them not to allow you to board as your ticket is not in the same name as your passport. i know they charge huge surcharges for name changes (£150) just to prepare yourself.

trellism Fri 24-Jul-09 15:14:34

Umm... where are you going? Presumably somewhere in Europe?

I was under the impression a marriage certificate was OK, but when my SIL went on honeymoon to the US, she was told that she absolutely could not travel if the name on the passport and tickets did not match.

Fortunately she hadn't got round to changing her passport so it was OK, but I would make doubly sure. I think it's less strict in Europe though.

AmIDoingThisRight Sat 25-Jul-09 13:28:23

Going within Europe - passport in married name but tickets in maiden name.

Woman on phone said to take certificate and that would be fine, but I just can't believe it would be that simple. I am prepared to pay hefty fine but she said it wouldn't be necessary. Will brace myself for the worst I think and hope they let me pay the extra on the day.

krugerparkrules Sat 25-Jul-09 14:32:37

if you take the marriage certificate it should be okay .... do you have an old passport - you could take that as well - i have done this a few times, but if you dont take your marriage certificate you will have to buy a whole new ticket, which has happened to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now