Talk

Advanced search

HELP...I want to book my flights and hotel separately to see if its cheaper but dont know where to start!

(11 Posts)
bottletopbill Tue 21-Jul-09 17:42:14

Can anyone help me plan this..never booked separately before and am struggling where to start!?

Turtle Beach, Barbados
Anytime May 2010
2 adults, 1 x 5 yr old.
10 or 14 nights
AI
Flying from anywhere (preference Birmingham, Manchester, London
Cheapest as possible Virgin quoting £4k

Fimbo Tue 21-Jul-09 17:43:29

Try travel supermarket or expedia.

giantkatestacks Tue 21-Jul-09 17:46:42

I have always found the Caribbean to be cheaper on a package tbh - especially if you want a particular hotel...

LIZS Tue 21-Jul-09 17:48:15

Looks at the airline sites like BA and Virgin for flights only and also the hotel for a quote on what dates you are looking for. Also or expedia and hotels.com. Sometimes it is cheaper, sometimes it isn't. Also bear in mind your holiday isn't as well covered by ABTA/ATOL if you book separately so if not much in it that peace of mind might be worth it.

Blackduck Tue 21-Jul-09 17:48:25

kayak
skyscanner.net

claret1980 Wed 22-Jul-09 14:54:25

Try www.travelrepublic.co.uk

geordieminx Wed 22-Jul-09 15:20:32

lowcostbeds.com

Drayford Wed 22-Jul-09 15:27:11

Try southalltravel.co.uk I have booked several long haul flights with them at discounted prices.

BA might be better for Barbados as I think they fly direct from Heathrow (or possibly Gatwick) without that nasty stop over that Virgin have in St Lucia.

If you are set on Turtle Beach, it may be cheaper to book a package as tour operators often get a reduced room rate. However, you could email the hotel directly and ask for a deal or any offers they have - sometimes works for me!

pscc Wed 22-Jul-09 15:42:24

try onthebeach.com you can look at everything separaretly and then all together and comapre costs- generall for us it works out £20 cheaper per person per item booked, e.g. flights, transfers, accomodation.
Good luck and have a great holiday

DadInsteadofMum Wed 22-Jul-09 16:22:40

Start with expedia to see what the options are. Having done that then go to hotel/airlines own websites to see if they are cheaper than expedia. Few random googles on name of resort to see if any package or discount sites are cheaper. You should now have alist of options, work out cheapest or the one you are most comfortable with.

For skiing holidays this has saved hundreds.

Badpups Wed 22-Jul-09 22:24:37

Trailfinders tend to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now