Talk

Advanced search

Your advice! Where to holiday w a 4 mo baby in Sept?

(8 Posts)
nauseous Tue 21-Jul-09 16:42:40

1 week away with our new baby... he's a good sleeper if that makes any difference. Up to £1000.

Criteria:
- relaxing ie nothing too strenuous
- some culture
- max 4 hours flight time
- baby friendly place
- breast feeding friendly
- somewhere warmer than the UK
- mid-September

...any ideas because I'm stuck?!

poshtottie Tue 21-Jul-09 17:54:33

I thought Cyprus would be nice. Its a bit more than 4 hours though. I looked on lastminute and it came up for a package at a 5 star hotel at around £1300.

How about a city break such as Barcelona as its near the coast.

I quite fancy somewhere like Corsica or Sardinia.

bluepanda Tue 21-Jul-09 21:47:45

We took 7mo ds to Majorca early October and had a fab time - we stayed in small resort called Santa Ponsa and hired a car to drive all over the island - i was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful it was (only other experience was a largely drunken week as a teenager in one of the big resorts blush...) It was still quite warm but not so much that I was too stressed about being out in the sun. I too was bf and did so in quite a few cafes and bars, got nothing but warm and indulgent smiles and all the waiters/ bar staff etc made a massive fuss of our lo. I just remember thinking what a gentle introduction it was to foreign holidays with babes - you can get nappies, baby food etc - so well worth considering imo. Have great time!

Nefret Wed 22-Jul-09 11:44:32

We always take our children to Turkey, we first went when the oldest was 8 weeks and stayed until she was 18 months. It is very child friendly there and I breastfed her everywhere as it is totally accepted there.

Mid September is lovely weather-wise, not so hot but still lovely and warm. You can also get everything you need for your baby there and everything is reasonably priced.

You will definitley find relaxation and culture there too and if you fly to Bodrum it is 3½ hours on the plane, slightly more if you go to Dalaman or Antalya.

Kiwinyc Wed 22-Jul-09 11:47:45

We've done Corsica, Zante (with a 4mth old) and Crete in Sept and its the best time to go - still hot but not too hot, and it cools down in the evenings to be able to sleep etc.

Of those Corsica and Crete were my favorite to return to.

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 11:49:41

Southern spain is still quite warm at that time of year, very baby friendly as all Latin countries are, and closer than 4 hours. Lovely spanish people and food too!

mosschops30 Wed 22-Jul-09 11:53:45

menorca, we love it and I'd go every year if dh would let me

- lovely quiet and relaxing, no louts or clubs
- cuitidella lovely city to visit, great architecture, also the Monastery makes a lovely visit
- only 2 hours, I cannot imagine doing 4 hours with a 4 month old on my knee, because you can gurantee that will be the 4 hours he wont sleep a wink
- resorts like Calan Bosch and Sa Caleta very family friendly without being trashy. Also excellent healthcare close by (best Ive ever experienced but hopefully you wouldnt need it)
- dont know about the breast feeding thing but cant see why not
- deffo warmer
- tis nice mid sept, will still be warm and quieter when kids back to school

geordieminx Wed 22-Jul-09 15:47:23

We went to the Los Gigantes Spa and suites hotel in Tenerife in May - it was fab - 5* all inclusive, recommended by a few mn'ers and reviewed in the Express on Sundsay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now