Talk

Advanced search

Flying with children. I know the rules about liquids on planes but is it OK to take food onboard?

(4 Posts)
CanvasBags Tue 21-Jul-09 08:59:53

We're flying on RyanAir this week with my husband and 2 children aged 3 and 6. It's an early morning flight and I'd like to take something onboard to eat for breakfast. Am I allowed to take my own food onbaord or do I have to buy the stuff that RyanAir sells?

It's 3 years since I last flew.

Thank you

girlsyearapart Tue 21-Jul-09 09:02:43

As far as i know it's ok to take non liquid food but they sometimes make you taste it. Maybe better to buy it 'airside'. Think ryanair take great pleasure in charging you for every breath you take etc. Check their website. Have a good hol!

CMOTdibbler Tue 21-Jul-09 09:04:31

You can take cake, sandwiches, brioche - anything solid, but nothing liquid/gel/paste through security. So you couldn't take milk/yogurt/jam in a tub/peanut butter in a tub/spread in a tub. You can buy milk or whatever after security and take it onboard though.

CanvasBags Tue 21-Jul-09 15:26:04

I wanted to take some Brioche onboard for breakfast. Sounds as though that will be OK then. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now