Talk

Advanced search

Sydney, Australia - can I hire baby stuff? If so, where from...

(6 Posts)
nakushita Mon 20-Jul-09 21:41:39

We are coming to Sydney in September for a holiday. We will be staying with relatives but will need to buy/hire baby stuff eg car seat, cot etc. We are taking our stroller with us but it is just too much luggage for a short trip to take all the rest. I have heard it is quite popular to hire baby stuff in Australia but I have no idea where to start.

Any advice? Thanks so much for any help with this

nakushita Mon 20-Jul-09 21:42:55

Forgot to say, if we need to buy a travel cot where is best to buy from? I don't know any of the baby shops in Aus so would be grateful of your help

sunnydelight Thu 23-Jul-09 03:00:57

Google "baby equipment hire Sydney" - I just got 10 pages of results. Yes, it is very common here but I haven't used them myself so can't recommend anyone. If you want to buy a travel cot (or other equipment) you need KMart or Target (cheapie shops selling pretty much everything). If you tell me where will you be staying I can tell you where to find your local one (I can also help you refine your search for equipment as it will be easier to find one close to where you're staying).

My youngest was 4 when we arrived so past the baby stage, but I'm still by impressed at how easy it is to find clean "parent rooms" to feed and change babies in Sydney. Restaurants/cafes/bars are refreshingly (if you come from the UK) child friendly too.

gingerblonde Thu 23-Jul-09 10:49:08

We did 3 months in Sydney with our DS (he was 9 months when we got there). We didn't hire anything but we did pick up a travel cot at David Jones (has branches in the Central Business District and Bondi Beach) which is a big department store with a good baby section.

Have a great time - Sydney was ace for littlies. We took him everywhere, including a few posh restaurants and never had any problems at all. I found it quite different to the UK where places seem to be either 'child-friendly' (high-seats, crayons, child menus etc) or don't really want kids around whereas in Sydney people were really laid-back and just treated him as a little human being! Oh and even the flight, which I was dreading, was fine - at that age, they don't seem to really mind if they're in the air or on the ground.

Sighs enviously....

nakushita Thu 23-Jul-09 11:11:23

Thanks for replying. Great news that Sydney is child friendly! We are staying near the bay (does this help?!?)...

We are dreading the flight but I think it is a precaution as if we are too laid back about it and then LO is a right handful, we'll stress but if we expect it to be a nightmare and he is ok, then it can only get better IYKWIM...

Thanks again for your help.

Any advice on good places to take LO when we are there?

emma1972 Tue 04-Aug-09 13:35:59

Put 'baby equipment hire sydney' into Google. There is a company called Kit4kids that a friend of mine used when she came to Sydney from the UK. They even have full size cots. Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now