Talk

Advanced search

Hotel/B&B recommendations for a stopover around Loch Lomond on way to highlands

(7 Posts)
Poppity Mon 20-Jul-09 00:02:12

Hi, we are off to Scotland next week, and I still haven't booked for our stopover....

We wanted to stop somewhere between Alexandria and Inveraray, any suggestions gratefully received, I'm having a nightmare trying to find somewhere that 5 of us will fit in one roomgrin without spending a fortuneblush

Poppity Mon 20-Jul-09 00:03:26

I should add, 3 of us are children!(and one of them is still classed as an infant)

KristinaM Mon 20-Jul-09 00:05:49

I'm confused - its not that long a drive from Alexandria to inveraray, why do you need a stopover?

sympathise with the "problem" of more than the two regulation kids

Poppity Mon 20-Jul-09 09:56:50

Nogrin we're coming from the south west, and going to Skye. We want to stop somewhere in between Alexandria and Inveraray.

So many of them only seem to take 1 child! Family rooms are thin on the ground unless you want to pay over £200 it seems.

fatjac Mon 20-Jul-09 10:08:16

If you are going to Skye you wont be anywhere near Inveraray.

Your best bet may be to stop off overnight in Glasgow then continue the journey up Loch Lomond and onto Fort William. From there you either turn left and head to Mallaig to catch the ferry or keep heading up towards Invergarry and onto Kyle of Lochalsh to the bridge.

KristinaM Mon 20-Jul-09 14:44:27

I agree, and stay in a travel lodge or similar. you only have two kids as "infant" in cot doesnt count i think

you need a room for 4 + baby in cot not 5

even if its a hulking great 20 month old who actually sleep in a bed with a sibling

Poppity Wed 22-Jul-09 22:19:09

thanks, I have found somewhere in the end, between Glasgow and Loch Lomond.

fatjac, we are going through Inveraray as that is our route, we are going via Oban and Arisaig too. It may not be the fastest, but it's the way we want to gogrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now