Talk

Advanced search

ibiza...i am so stressed..please help.

(16 Posts)
lucykatie Fri 20-May-05 16:28:57

call me soooo thick if ya like but i am stressing, apparantly its what i do best according to dh!!!

we are off on a family holiday in 5 weeks and its the first time we have taken a baby, she will be 9 months old.

we are staying in the resort called es cana, its meant to be family friendly etc.

but...

would we be able to buy nappys over in ibiza, to save putting them in luggage

and

would we be able to buy baby food? to save taking that too.

i always think we are going to be in the sticks somewhere with not a shop for miles and that they wont sell baby things!!!!!

please help!

fairydust Fri 20-May-05 16:34:43

yes you can buy nappys - we've brought huggies before over there in the hyper markets i assume they'll sell baby food as well- i'd tale some to last the first couple of days till you get your bearings

Flum Fri 20-May-05 16:36:44

Nappies yep. baby food. a bit but not much choice.

anchovies Fri 20-May-05 16:37:48

Personally I would take both with you if possible. We went to ibiza last year when ds was 10 months, nappies were £15 for a small pack and jars more than a pound each (for hipp rather than the dodgy spanish make)! I put jars in our hand luggage but packed nappies as they're only light.

Joley Fri 20-May-05 16:39:25

Did you know that most airlines allow you to take nappies and they don't count towards your luggage allowance? You can put them through in their original packaging with a luggage label on them and check them into the hold with your other luggage. We've done this a few times, you just hand them in at a different desk so they are xrayed infront of you. We put some coloured tape on the packet so we'd recognise them. It's worth a phone call to the airline!

We haven't been to Ibiza but have been to Majorca and Minorca and they had nappies in the supermarket. Don't know about baby food though.

whymummy Fri 20-May-05 16:41:23

you can buy both,baby food is best to buy it from farmacies
anchovies why is spanish baby food dodgy?

Joley Fri 20-May-05 16:41:25

Can you prebook a baby pack to be there on arrival? We did that when we stayed at a Thompson Superfamily Hotel. Pack consisted of Nappies/Wipes/Nappy sacks/ Baby bath/Shampoo and we ordered a food pack. It was more expensive than taking your own but very easy.

anchovies Fri 20-May-05 16:43:54

I bought a 7 month jar can't remember the make though, and it had a long hard piece of chicken in it which ds choked on. Put me off so bought hipp for an extortionate price for the rest of the holiday. Sorry didn't mean that all spanish baby food is dodgy!

Ulysees Fri 20-May-05 16:48:34

I bet you find the restaurants will give you some mashed food if you ask, they're very family orientated in Spain. Wish we could catch on here tbh.

Would taking a mini blender be any use or it that OTT?

Try not to stress lucykatie. Once you settle in you'll wonder why you did. I bet you find a supermarket in no time.

Have you tried contacting the holiday company for shopping details?

Ulysees Fri 20-May-05 16:49:58

have you checked out this site?

whymummy Fri 20-May-05 16:50:57

is ok lol
i was just curious

lucykatie Fri 20-May-05 16:58:30

looked at having the baby packs, as i think they will take away my stresses, but we have not booked a super family holiday, however we have booked a thomson holiday, so going to see travel agent first thing just to see if we could get this if at all possible.

i just worry about the weight of all that baby food, the trouble with me is that i need to take everything....'just in case'....aaaahhhhh, i never use all of the crap i usually take with us.

surely a pharmacie would be in the resort being as though its a huge family place, they would sell nappies at least.

whymummy Fri 20-May-05 17:03:27

you'll be fine honestly,just take enough for the first 2 days,he won't starve,there will be shops next to your resort,relax and enjoy the holiday

SecondhandRose Fri 20-May-05 17:06:16

Have stayed at the Caribe in Es Cana. It is a lovely little town, great beach all quite compact so you can get to everything easily. The hippy market is not far away (nothing to get excited about). We took a bus into Santa Eulalia to make a change.

Make sure you take a sunshade and a blanket for sun and cooler evenings.

Pinotmum Fri 20-May-05 17:09:39

I've just come back from Ibiza and went to Es Cana to visit the Hippy Market (every Wednesday). It is a big place so no problems with shopping for baby stuff I would think. We went there a couple of years ago also when my ds was about 7 mths and he lived on fruit, yoghurt, pasta and gnocchi with sauces most of the time so never tried the spanish baby food but definitely saw it in the bigger supermarkets. Have a lovely time.

lucykatie Fri 20-May-05 22:02:21

thankyou so much....a little less stressed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: