Talk

Advanced search

travelodge/ premier inn - are they the same?

(11 Posts)
tab Sun 19-Jul-09 10:23:29

Does anybody or anybodys dh stay in these regularly? I just wonderred if one was better than the other chain. Have 3ds's and want a good nights sleep before a ferry crossing early next morning. any comments would be welcome, like soundproofing, tiny room etc. From my enquiries so far.. we are lucky that ds3 is still in a cot. seems that once we have 3 kids in beds we wont be allowed in!!

ilove Sun 19-Jul-09 10:27:13

I'd avoid Travelodge at all costs...there is no way you'll get a cot in the room with the beds anyway. Neither are soundproof, both tbh are dumps but premier inn is the lesser of the two evils.

I'll never, EVER use a Travelodge again.

Hassled Sun 19-Jul-09 10:27:41

Premier Inn slightly more upmarket/nicer. Seems to vary hotel by hotel, though.

My experience of family rooms the night before a holiday is that you can really kiss goodbye to any sort of sleep, though . One of the worst nights of my life was at the Travelodge in Luton prior to a 6am flight.

LadyPinkofPinkerton Sun 19-Jul-09 10:51:05

Premier Inn have the most comfy beds ever. I was in one recently and it was very nice>

GrinnyPig Sun 19-Jul-09 10:55:19

Premier Inns are better. I've always been happy with the ones I've stayed in. I can think of at least two Travelodges I've stayed in which I've not been happy with.

annh Sun 19-Jul-09 15:39:17

The quality of Travelodges varies considerably, some are very newly-built and are pretty good, some are older, badly-maintained and fairly grotty. If your choice is in/near a ferry/airport your chances of getting a good night's sleep anyway are limited - people tend to come and go at all hours and even if they are quiet you tend to hear doors shutting, suitcases bumping down the hallways etc as people leave at 4 a.m. in the morning! I also think your chances of getting decent sleep with five of you in the same room and all the excitement of travel the next day is remote! How far would you have to travel in the morning if you did not stay over the night before?

moshie Sun 19-Jul-09 16:03:06

Premier Inn much nicer,and usually next to a family friendly pub that serves food. They have a good night's sleep guarantee, so if you are kept awake, let them know.
I too will never use a Travelodge again.

Kiwinyc Sun 19-Jul-09 17:13:09

premier inn is deffo better. DH stays at both and prefers Premier. Just stayed in one the other night and was extremely impressed with quality of everything, excellent beds all made up for our 2 DD's, a king size for us, flat screen TV etc. Thought it was a bargain for £53.

ManicMother7777 Sun 19-Jul-09 17:50:44

I agree of the two PI is better, but better than both if you can get it is a Holiday Inn Express, lovely continental breakfast including all the cereals kids love. Also lovely power showers. About the same price as TL & PI

tab Sun 19-Jul-09 20:52:02

Thank you so much everyone. well thats a definite rating for premier inn over travelodge. You are all right that we're not likely to get much sleep anyway with all of us in a room and the excitement but little things can make a lot of difference. ... weve got to be at the ferry terminal at 6am and I cannot contemplete getting up and driving 3 hours at 2.30am in the morning! Hence the overnight stop. Lets hope theres room at the inn!!

tab Sun 19-Jul-09 20:53:34

Thanks manic mother7777 I did look at Holiday inn express - no room at the inn. it did look nicer! maybe next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now