Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kephalonia with 18mo? Gulp, it's booked!

(4 Posts)
bluepanda Fri 17-Jul-09 22:41:15

have rather gamely just booked a week in kephalonia with dh and ds, who will be 18mo when we go in september. Anyone been? Just wondering whether to take enough nappies for whole week, and what sort of food we will be able to get for him (he is pretty chilled and generally unfazed by new places) We went to majorca last year but he was not mobile then and it was much shorter flight.

angel1976 Sat 18-Jul-09 12:52:46

I've been to Kefalonia... Have you booked a car (and are you thinking of bringing a car seat?)? Kefalonia is pretty big and you almost definitely need a car to get around in my opinion. It's not as touristy as some of the other greek islands i.e. it's mostly tourist tat you find, not posh stuff. September is a lovely time to go, when the tourists are mostly gone and it's pretty chill but still hot. Lots of seafood and also pasta so if your DS is fairly easy in terms of food, you should be okay. They always provide bread rolls etc anyway. Myrtos Beach is really gorgeous but it is big pebbles so you might want to get your DS some comfy reef shoes or something he can walk on. I find the sea quite rough and don't dare to go in too far. Are you going s/c or will you have pool facilities? Enjoy! It's a really beautiful island. Don't miss out on Assos (a quaint little town by this gorgeous cliff and they are sheltered coves there so probably a good place to bring your DS for a dip. There is a really nice tavern there where you can order lovely barbeque seafood. Melissani Cave and Dhogarati cave are not to be missed too. Skala and Fiscardo (if I remember correctly) are very nice but definitely touristy. Enjoy!

nuttyworkingmum Sat 18-Jul-09 14:05:36

Hi, I`m going to Kef in Sept too, we went 4 yrs ago and had a great time.
try the website www.ionian-island.co.uk
its great for useful tips, most members have been lots of times or live out there.
car companies like greekstones are good or venus, they might well supply a car seat. You will need a car to get around as there is so much to see and do!
There are lots of beaches, the one at Lassi is very child friendly. Our children loved it, the kamina beach where the turtles lay their eggs is also great ,it`s shallow for quite a way out.

nuttyworkingmum Sat 18-Jul-09 14:07:35

The supermarkets can be quite pricey, especially if you pick one in a touristy area!. Try Argostoli or lidls for nappies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now