Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a holiday this summer

(38 Posts)
triplets Thu 16-Jul-09 13:43:06

Hi, I am getting despondant! Just can`t find anything, booked booked booked!!! My husband has just finished 18 monmths of awful cancer treatment, I have IBS and we have 11yr old triplets! And we are both over 50! Desperate to get away if we get a clear scan result next week. As they won`t cover Harry`s cancer on the travel insurance we only want to go this country or France. Love to find a wooden lodge, pool, hot tub, animals forest, lake etc. Has anyone any ideas please? I have tried 100`s of sites so far

morningpaper Thu 16-Jul-09 13:50:53

ermmmm ... centre parcs?! Ticks all the boxes! grin

LIZS Thu 16-Jul-09 13:53:11

Keycamp have some offers on . Some of their sites have wooden treehouses, cabins and pgl run activities

triplets Thu 16-Jul-09 14:27:21

center parcs way to expensive, and busy, will look at keycamp though, thanks!

triplets Thu 16-Jul-09 14:27:28

center parcs way to expensive, and busy, will look at keycamp though, thanks!

morningpaper Thu 16-Jul-09 14:52:07

what's your budget?

LIZS Thu 16-Jul-09 18:04:39

Alpine Lodge have some availability according to the Times yesterday. Also Forest Holidays

Julesnobrain Fri 17-Jul-09 00:00:08

Look for self catering www.holiday-rentals.com. You are bound to find a nice french place with pool where you can chill and do a bit of sightseeing. Take the car and travel by ferry. We went Portsmouth to St Malo and booked a cabin overnight. the Kids LOVED it and felt it was one of the holiday highlights. St maolo, St Michel le Mont very pretty nice area, plenty to see. St Malo has a lovely beach

triplets Sat 18-Jul-09 07:20:32

Thanks everyone, forest holidays I love the look of, tried to book them for Oct but already full, they only have a 2 bed cabin for 5 nights available this summer. I have trawled holiday rentals, alot of the gites are too rural, the kids would end up bored with only a pool they are at the age they need others to play with, esp Becca as she gets fed up with the boys, always together the whole time! There must be something out ther, budget for rentals about £700 a week max.

fatjac Sat 18-Jul-09 18:39:59

Just bumping this up for you.

I have just spent the best part of 3 days trying to find a holiday cottage and you are right there is not a lot avaliable. I've ended up paying way over the odds for a cottage in Seahouses. Haven had some avaliability but I just didn't fancy it. I would think your 3 eleven your olds might though.

Cottages 4 You is a good website to try. Good luck

triplets Sat 18-Jul-09 19:45:04

thanks, glad you have found something!

Katymac Sat 18-Jul-09 20:03:10

I think I am very impressed with this

Although we can't go that far as we need to be near Papworth

But they are very reasonable

triplets Tue 21-Jul-09 22:07:34

Still no luck have been offered a couple of things, nothing special and they want a £1000 a week!

Ponders Tue 21-Jul-09 22:11:57

triplets, ring cottages4you (0845 268 0760) in the morning & ask what late cancellations they have. You get 50% off those in the UK. Obv I can't say if they'll have anything that ticks any of your boxes but it's worth a try. Good luck smile

Ponders Tue 21-Jul-09 22:12:27

(They do France as well so ask for there too)

triplets Tue 21-Jul-09 22:22:45

Thank you Ponders I will

ottersRus Tue 21-Jul-09 22:24:50

We go here, beautiful scenery, beaches, sea, lots for children to do...

www.salcombe.com

triplets Tue 21-Jul-09 23:28:19

Yes Salcombe is lovely went there with my first child way back in the 80`s. Would like to find somewhere not in the west country, we have travelled that route so manty times, cannot face the A303 again!

Katymac Tue 21-Jul-09 23:35:52

have a look here

this has little houses rather than log cabins

There were some lovely places on that North Wales site I mentioned as well

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Tue 21-Jul-09 23:38:35

does it have to be a wooden lodge?

what are your dates?

Rindercella Tue 21-Jul-09 23:41:30

Check out here. We have just come back from a long weekend and it exceeded all our expectations. It is set in 550 acres of beautiful (but hilly!) Welsh countryside and has loads on offer. The accommodation is very good (far better than Center Parcs imo).

It is still very new, so check out the special offers page and you should be able to get a deal.

Good luck - it sounds like you have been through a heck of a lot recently and could really do with a nice break, wherever that may be smile

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Tue 21-Jul-09 23:48:42

what do you think of this place? you can do a fortnight there in a mobile home for £1265 with matthews france?

triplets Tue 21-Jul-09 23:56:40

gosh.......a rush of possibilities, thank you, we can go anytime after Thurs this week, that is of course if the scan result is good. Need to be back by the 2nd Sept at the latest as our trio start big school on the 4th and no doubt I won`t have sewn a single name tag in! Just fancied a log type cabin, we do love nature, sitting on your decking spotting stuff, you know what I mean. But realise we also need to keep 3x`s11yr olds busy and happy too!

Katymac Wed 22-Jul-09 00:02:29

these people have house boats on the broads

You can sit at the waters edge watching birds & dingy sailors/windsurfers fall in the water

Pubs with nice food close by

1dilemma Wed 22-Jul-09 00:02:38

would sandy balls suit you? I've never been but some speak highly of it (I've recnetly read it is crowded)
It's somewhere in the New Forest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now