Advanced search

Travelling through France, AA/RAC cover is very expensive - other options?

(5 Posts)
missingthemountains Tue 14-Jul-09 22:03:51

All the major recovery companies seem to charge a fortune for recovery cover for a 2 week trip to France

should we get it or is it fairly easy to sort out any recovery/repairs locally?

fruitful Tue 14-Jul-09 22:08:10 - cover for 2 weeks in France is £35. Is that better than RAC?

scratchet Wed 15-Jul-09 07:37:30

Hi there, i just got cover with aa for £53 for 2 weeks in france. Greenflag were slightly cheaper but the cover seemed slightly better with aa.

Good luck and enjoy france.

CoffeeCrazedMama Wed 15-Jul-09 14:57:29

Check what benefits are with your bank account. We have our current account with Barclays and they throw in Europe-wide breakdown cover. But don't forget your greencard from your insurance company to stay fully covered while driving in Europe (I always forget this until about 2 days before we are due to go!).

aznerak Wed 15-Jul-09 20:48:23

We go to France several times a year but we use a fab company for an annual policy. WE have there top cover, home and abroad and for an annual policy, it's just over £60! Fantastic value. I know this as only just 5 minutes ago renewed our policy
Found them via Martin's money saving tips a while back. Have a look as they do short term cover as well. They are not some dodgy outfit, they use Europ Assist. They are called Rescuemycar

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: