Talk

Advanced search

Need help to find a family holiday.

(4 Posts)
spookycharlotte121 Tue 14-Jul-09 19:14:37

Havent been abroad for years. My family has decided to get together and all go away next summer.
I have looked on the internet but cant find anything appropriate.

We are looking for something that is very child friendly. Hopefully with good pool facilities and a childrens club. Also would like it to have the option of all inclusive.

does anyong have any recommendations?

angel1976 Tue 14-Jul-09 19:40:08

What's your budget and how far would you go?

We are going to the Bandos Island Resort in the Maldives in a couple of weeks. It's meant to be very child-friendly (free kids' club during the day and will take kids from 8 months onwards). There's a pool and obviously the ocean to swim in! I am planning to relax there (will be 27 weeks preggers) while DH wants to do some diving so it's perfect for us. It's been very highly recommended on MN!

We booked through Thomson and it's a lot cheaper than trying to do it through the resort website and booking air tickets separately. The charter flight is direct and flies at decent time as well. We went for a deluxe room, all inclusive with flights and it was surprisingly affordable. Cheaper than some places in Europe!

The First Choice Holiday Villages were going to be our second choice. We were looking at the ones in Turkey and Egypt. Again, very child-friendly with all inclusive options and lots of room types to choose from. But of course it's a different holiday from the Maldives as these holiday villages are massive but you do get certain advantages for that i.e. water park on site for the kids etc.

Nefret Tue 14-Jul-09 21:41:13

We usually go to Turkey and I have found it to be the most child friendly place I have been to. I have never done all inclusive as we like to go self catering but there are some very good hotels there, from the really big ones like the holiday villages to smaller places in resorts.

Drayford Wed 15-Jul-09 01:20:50

Try Club Med or Mark Warner for excellent kids clubs and activities. Both have many resorts in Europe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now