Talk

Advanced search

Taking babyseat on plane when infant is booked on lap?

(4 Posts)
JumeirahJane Tue 14-Jul-09 07:30:53

Am travelling Air France on a connecting flight (1hr transfer in Paris) with 3 month old daughter next week. Have booked only a seat for myself, she'll be on my lap.

Their website says infant luggage allowance includes a baby seat, but can anyone tell me whether it will be checked in, or if someone in the cabin takes care of it?

I'm scared of it getting lost in the transfer in Paris, leaving me with no safe way to transport her the other end. Thanks

spicemonster Tue 14-Jul-09 07:45:14

It gets checked into the hold. It's no more likely to get lost than your other luggage though (and maybe even less likely as it goes through a special channel) so try not to worry

TreeTrunkThighs Tue 14-Jul-09 07:49:28

It would get checked in with your case.

However if you are taking the seat and wheels that it goes on as a pushchair you could take that as far as the plane steps and then they take it from there - you would at least see it getting to the plane, if not on - might make you worry less about it getting lost?

Nefret Tue 14-Jul-09 21:37:42

I took my car seat quite a few times when my dd was a baby and I always asked at check in if the flight was full. If it wasn't they would sit me next to an empty seat so I could take the car seat on with me.

Other times, if the flight was full I took it with me to the gate and they took it from me when I gave them my pushchair as I had a travel system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now